TT 2022 ??

Barlow

9 minutes ago, Bandits said:

You’d expect that the wonderful taxpayers underwriting this event would also be helping his wife and family out with expenses. If that’s not happening then it’s a disgrace. Would the Head of Motorsport care to comment? 

Unless he owns the Sefton, he’s got no chance

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WTF said:

for the riders, the game hasn't changed.  

I think it has, in respect of the advertent and inadvertent pressures, to include the overtly financial.

That includes the ever-increasing speeds required to remain competitive at all levels in the start fields.

6 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I think it has, in respect of the advertent and inadvertent pressures, to include the overtly financial.

That includes the ever-increasing speeds required to remain competitive at all levels in the start fields.

From the behind the scenes and not behind the scenes talks this year it doesn't sound like any of the teams are putting any pressure on their riders for finishing positions. Many of the riders have stressed the opposite, actually...

Agree on the course speeds though. Time for lower CC classes.

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

Surely if the riders are insured the families should not have to rely on go fund me hand outs.   Apparently anyone can open a go fund me page for anything the family may not have been instrumental in this.

Do you think any insurance company would cover anyone for the TT?!

Just now, hissingsid said:

Surely if the riders are insured the families should not have to rely on go fund me hand outs.   Apparently anyone can open a go fund me page for anything the family may not have been instrumental in this.

Insurance probably won't cover such things - this isn't for medical care (which would be paid for the Manx NHS anyway) but for supporting the family to visit, both travel and accommodation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

Maybe they need loot as they would like the family to be in Liverpool with Davy. Not sure whether insurance would cover that.

15 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Do you think any insurance company would cover anyone for the TT?!

They are covered. Each competitor must have a certain level of insurance inplace. See the regulations (section 4)

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/iom-tt-races-2022/tt_regulations_2022_v11-1_compressed.pdf

Edited by kevster
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Bandits said:

How shit is it to be busy celebrating those on the podium at the end of the race/discussing lap records when it turns out a man’s died on the last lap of the very same race.

I’ve always disliked the way deaths are handled at the TT/MGP, where is the updates on the injured riders?

• Like 1