TT 2022 ??

Barlow

55 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

With all respect to Manx Care, it would be incredible for them to be in a position to provide medical cover for an event like the TT in less than 6 months, when we've only just had warnings to avoid A&E, waiting lists seem to be climbing and staff seem to be leaving. 

The TT is almost always 5+ body bags and however many others being pieced back together. Would UK trauma units even be willing to accept people from such an event with current pressures over there?

I don’t think the hospital is the main issue. In May things will be better with regard to ED, and waiting lists, as bad as they are, are not really relevant to the hospital’s ability to cope with trauma. 

The UK trauma units are more relevant. Each TT we tend to fill Aintree with mashed up bikers. At the moment the whole UK NHS is struggling. I hope they’re involved in the decision. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, James Blonde said:

Not really. I would quite like to know one way or another - if it's going ahead I will get flights booked off island for a few weeks. The world should be re-opening rather nicely by next May. 

What you should do is spread the risk, book the flights but only one way. Who knows, by the time you've been somewhere else for a few weeks you may find enough things there to whinge about to keep you contented and decide not to come back.  

48 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I don’t think the hospital is the main issue. In May things will be better with regard to ED, and waiting lists, as bad as they are, are not really relevant to the hospital’s ability to cope with trauma. 

The UK trauma units are more relevant. Each TT we tend to fill Aintree with mashed up bikers. At the moment the whole UK NHS is struggling. I hope they’re involved in the decision. 

@wrighty doesn't stopping elective stuff for the 2 / 3 weeks create worse backlogs?

1 hour ago, James Blonde said:

@wrighty doesn't stopping elective stuff for the 2 / 3 weeks create worse backlogs?

Yes, but it’s what we do here, and have done as long as I’ve been here. You could argue that without TT we’d have no waiting list as those 2 weeks (4 including MGP) Mount up over the years. Without the covid shutdown of course. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Speaking to a Marshall friend of mine and he reckons shortage of Marshalls will be the biggest problem.   They are stricter now on training so picking them up at the last minute is not going to happen.

Rubbish ! There's more than ever of us who'll all have to re-take our IMC course. But we're queuing up to as type your bollox..

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

I was wrong TT 2022 is definitely* [maybe] going ahead! 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/hospitality-sector-must-be-flexible-ahead-of-tt-2022/

*but hospitality should be prepared for it to be cancelled at the drop of a hat.

I think RC is way off the mark about the air services.

• Like 2