TT 2022 ??

Barlow

33 minutes ago, daisy said:

To all TT naysayers on here ... if you feel so strongly get out from behind your keyboard and get down to the paddock and impart your wisdom to the riders and their families.  Tell them your concerns, engage with THEM, listen to what they say .... they may be enlightened by your wisdom.  But if riders want to ride and spectators want to watch  you ranting fruitlessly on a forum is pointless.

I’m sorry but that’s a poor argument. People would partake and watch bare knuckle boxing shows if it was still allowed, doesn’t mean we should facilitate them. I’m not into the races but wouldn’t want to see them go. As others have said they need to be made safer, seems the easiest way be far is by reducing speed so let’s start with that. 
I know one family that’s been impacted by the races and I know one current racer, my opinion is it’s an incredibly selfish thing to do when you have kids/partner but it’s their life and their decision. If the IoM government are going to run and profit from these races they have a responsibility to make it as safe as possible for the riders and they really seem to be shirking from this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Fedupwithiom said:

Would love to see how many of the forgotten widows are coping years after when husbands have been forgotten by “the TT community” and possibly struggling financially and Dad The Hero hanging on the wall. Sorry if sounds harsh but deaths are like chip paper so to speak. 

Do you extend this same concern to all the bereaved of untimely deaths? If so, great, I agree, let's provide more support for that. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fedupwithiom said:

Would love to see how many of the forgotten widows are coping years after when husbands have been forgotten by “the TT community” and possibly struggling financially and Dad The Hero hanging on the wall. Sorry if sounds harsh but deaths are like chip paper so to speak. 

Do you think any tragic death is remembered by a community and relatives consoled indefinitely?

It’s more likely that ex racers families are supported long afterwards.

• Like 2

Just now, Fedupwithiom said:

Yes untimely deaths but not a hobby

Why not? If someone dies whilst driving for pleasure or to a venue for a hobby are their family not as worthy of support as someone who died driving to work? How dangerous does a hobby need to be before we abandon the families of those who died doing it? 

Why not just have social support for everyone who's had a bereavement well before it was time? I don't care if its drugs, sword swallowing, or dying on the job. They should all receive support. 

• Like 1

I pretty sure this not the case. Name me all the recent deaths except maybe the more high profile that have been supported going forward. I suspect mostly forgotten. I used to be a huge fan and involved but just think as a lot of things mainly it has had its day in current form and needs evaluating   Not helped by MHKs stuffing selves at corporate tent - forgetting the TT for it’s true meaning and focusing on commercial aspect whatever the cost. 

1 minute ago, Billy the Kid said:

Isle of Man Government, this is wrong and it’s about time it was stopped.

You do realise that racers dont just race here and they will continue to follow their dream in other locations equally dangerous?

19 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

Davy worked his way up the ranks from the MGP into the TT and it’s no real way to end your career at 52. He was a really nice bloke. 

Davy Morgan was one of those radio interviewed just before the start of the race during which he expressed his concerns about what the near 3 year break had done to his TT riding and the pressures to prepare and be competitive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2