TT 2022 ??

Barlow

There’s a lot of absolute idiots like bandits etc commenting on matters they know nothing about. 

All deaths by accident are tragic & in respect of racing the only sure way to prevent it is for the riders not to race which is entirely their decision not anyone else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, daisy said:

/

Why did you edit your reply? I said I thought the riders with kids or partners were selfish (particularly the kids bit), bloke on his own not so much. Not everything is black and white in this world, like I said I’m not a racing fan but I want the TT to continue just in a safer way where possible. We just don’t seem to make much effort to make it safer which with every death is more and more damning. 

• Like 1

Forgive me if I am wrong but majority of big fish here you don’t here much about for rest of year ?  Maybe the adulation here too much to refuse.?  Where are the big names these days?  Or even the younger new blood to keep the interest going?  What sport have 50 year old blokes highlighting except where no competition?

2 minutes ago, daisy said:

You do realise that racers dont just race here and they will continue to follow their dream in other locations equally dangerous?

I don’t wish to get into an argument with anyone but I’m pretty certain there is no other road race as dangerous, and even if there is it is not supported and funded by IOM Government.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fedupwithiom said:

Forgive me if I am wrong but majority of big fish here you don’t here much about for rest of year ?  Maybe the adulation here too much to refuse.?  Where are the big names these days?  Or even the younger new blood to keep the interest going?  What sport have 50 year old blokes highlighting except where no competition?

Errr, most of the front runners are doing pretty well in BSB... 

Just now, manxchester said:

Why did you edit your reply? I said I thought the riders with kids or partners were selfish (particularly the kids bit), bloke on his own not so much. Not everything is black and white in this world, like I said I’m not a racing fan but I want the TT to continue just in a safer way where possible. We just don’t seem to make much effort to make it safer which with every death is more and more damning. 

Computer/user error

Its a family decision and whilst it may be selfish it is theirs to make.

10 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Davy Morgan was one of those radio interviewed just before the start of the race during which he expressed his concerns about what the near 3 year break had done to his TT riding and the pressures to prepare and be competitive.

Davy was a professional who had done the TT course on and off for 20 years. I’m sure a 3 year break had an effect. Just like the whole covid thing has had an effect on just about everyone else. Still. Bushy’s is packed and there’s a great band on at 1886. The funeral won’t be advertised. 

Edited by Steady Eddie
Has

1 minute ago, Banker said:

There’s a lot of absolute idiots like bandits etc commenting on matters they know nothing about. 

All deaths by accident are tragic & in respect of racing the only sure way to prevent it is for the riders not to race which is entirely their decision not anyone else.

The costs of insurance especially are too low and in no way support the injured and bereaved.  It is totally immoral that the IOM government supports an event with such low insurance requirements. 

If these costs actually reflected the sums needed to support those injured fewer people would chose/could afford to race and so there would be fewer casualties.

It is the racers choice, but effectively they are being subsidised to do it. Supply and demand.  The cost of competing is being kept artificially low ... my view because the IOM government profits from the "games" and so wants a ready supply of gladiators to come.

If they had to pay more, fewer would. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Fedupwithiom said:

I am sure the DfE would love to hear the views of somebody called 'fedupwithiom'  .... can I ask what are you doing?

1 minute ago, Chinahand said:

The costs of insurance especially are too low and in no way support the injured and bereaved.  It is totally immoral that the IOM government supports an event with such low insurance requirements. 

If these costs actually reflected the sums needed to support those injured fewer people would chose/could afford to race and so there would be fewer casualties.

It is the racers choice, but effectively they are being subsidised to do it. Supply and demand.  The cost of competing is being kept artificially low ... my view because the IOM government profits from the "games" and so wants a ready supply of gladiators to come.

If they had to pay more, fewer would. 

They don't just race here though .... and they know the risks .. personal responsibility must take some part.

• Like 1