TT 2022 ??

Barlow

I, too, am torn and like LL believe that competitors knowing the risks is a trite phrase.  It doesn't belie a true risk assessment in that they will consider that they will always be in the large percentage who do not sustain a fatal or life changing injury.  

2 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Wait till the next dead competitor is a LGBQVXYZ, lesbian dwarf half yellow half black, gay, gender fluid, them/us helix head is going to explode. 

Their preferred pronoun after death will then be changed to ‘Was’ 

31 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

If that mess at Joey’s in 2007 didn’t end it, I’m not sure what will. 

I think we’re fairly close to a similar mess here it just happened on private property so hasn’t really been reported. I’m not calling for the event to be banned. Just stating that no amount of gooning idiot MHKs on Twitter or Facebook pretending they’re friends with the teams will gloss over what has actually happened here when it’s reported. And with the benefit of hindsight some people probably need to cleanse their social media accounts. 

Edited by Newsdesk
Punctuation
  • Like 1

Can we put to bed this myth that the TT is free, unless someone has invented cost free travel/accommodation/food that the rest of the world doesn't know about.

Its only 'free' if you live here like we do and even then is it really free when public purse pays for the TT setups.

As for the other topic 3 deaths (so far) in 1 meeting for any 'sport' is too many.

Simple answer is if the TT can't be made safer through technology, man power, planning. money, equipment then it is a valid question to ask whether it should be put on or not.

17 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

If that mess at Joey’s in 2007 didn’t end it, I’m not sure what will. 

"Lessons will be learned. Certain people should no longer be involved".

There were some changes. Maybe not to the second bit though.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Wait till the next dead competitor is a LGBQVXYZ, lesbian dwarf half yellow half black, gay, gender fluid, them/us helix head is going to explode. 

You're right, I actually only support the TT as an unbelievably inefficient way of thinning the herd of white men.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

4 cyclists arrested on the Mountian. Lol

3FM just reported that they were apprehended riding against the one-way system too.

Screenshot_20220607-150941_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Non-Believer
ETA Tidied screenshot up

3 hours ago, Lost Login said:

What GDP is lost by other businesses over the same period. We have a public holiday because of the TT which many businesses close for. That must negatively affect GDP.

Generally the two Manx public holidays replace a couple of UK holidays. If employers choose to give them all as a bonus, that's their choice.

45 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

The inquest will be reported somewhere though out of public interest and it will likely be the UK or European (ie, French) motorcycle press that will pick it up. It will certainly silence a lot of those ‘well they wanted to go out that way’ brigade as absolutely nobody wants to go out like that. 

It's very unlikely that the circumstances of a death would be fully reported, usually they are reported as multiple trauma. I agree that it's not very pleasant in this instance.  

37 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I, too, am torn and like LL believe that competitors knowing the risks is a trite phrase.  It doesn't belie a true risk assessment in that they will consider that they will always be in the large percentage who do not sustain a fatal or life changing injury.  

I don't know if many on here are aware but I had an accident during the TT several years ago. My many injuries were life changing and I wasn't expected to survive. I spent two months in a coma and six months in hospital. I've had ongoing treatments and operations and have become an expert on hospitals! I spend every day regretting that I am unable to ride the Mountain Course again and even if I knew the outcome, I'd do it all over again, but try not to crash of course. I don't think I'm alone in this at all. 

Racing at the TT and MGP becomes a defining moment in your life, there really is nothing which compares to it, anywhere. Trying to explain that to anyone who has never had the opportunity to do it themselves is impossible. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

4 cyclists arrested on the Mountian. Lol

I really wonder if that actually ends up in court and a conviction. Lots of Lycra louts seem to think they and only they have specific right on the road, and they have MHK muscle and green power lobby behind them. It needs a court appearance, a heavy fine and promoted so others aren’t tempted to follow other peoples antics. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HeliX said:

Mad Sunday is the Sunday between practice and race week. It hasn't been "mad" Sunday for ages, it's the legacy lap day.

There won’t be a legacy lap day, it will be a race day. There won’t be a senior race day, therefore no bank holiday, just a Saturday. I’m sure the people of Peel will be up in arms, as they may lose Peel Day, also those in the south may be unhappy as if there is the senior race on Saturday, where does the Post TT meeting fit in, on the Southern 100 course? 

5 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I really wonder if that actually ends up in court and a conviction. Lots of Lycra louts seem to think they and only they have specific right on the road, and they have MHK muscle and green power lobby behind them. It needs a court appearance, a heavy fine and promoted so others aren’t tempted to follow other peoples antics. 

A Norwegian visitor who crossed a closed road on foot has just been fined £2k so there's a benchmark?