TT 2022 ??

Barlow

BBC news article tonight tried to get ex riders etc to say it was too dangerous etc but Philip MacCallen & others said it’s the thrill & adrenaline of the greatest test in the world that brings them back.

Mark Purslow was stated to have said t family that if he died in TT he would have died happy.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Yep 100% agree & same here know the family and network of cousins, nephews- as a family very blinkered to the racing thing.

Unfortunate as it was there was a definitive feeling that he was trying to justify the Big Boy ride too soon.

One thing I’ve never understood is when you have perished hitting a tree is your name commemorated in a cartoon style “splat” sticker 

You mean the thing that's been his logo for ages?

89747865_3319643981382290_62348182233179

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

The police have mentioned they came off cycle tracks but must have been aware of TT & rules, anyway ignorance of law is no defense!

It would be interesting to know which "tracks" they exited from. The adjoining surfaced roads onto the course are all clearly marked so from Ramsey that only leaves the footpath up from the Hairpin to above Gooseneck, then the track up to just above Guthries through Brookdale (plenty of warning signage at Guthries), then the track up from Sulby to East Mountain Gate, then there's nothing through to the Bungalow, unless they came up from Agneash and disregarded all the signage and cones at the Bungalow. After that the next road junction is Brandywell and there's no tracks that I know of before the ones either side of Windy Corner to Baldwin and Laxey respectively. Windy is signed for one way AFAIK, after that there's no tracks or roads to join from before the Creg-ny-Baa hotel. So which "tracks" did they join the TT course from? I smell bullshit personally.

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

So people who have lost loved ones/been injured in the TT must either dislike it now, or be mentally compromised into still liking it. Lovely work chaps.

What I'm wondering is - when somebody like @Passing Time talks to the surviving family members of somebody who has died racing at the TT - whether the surviving relatives saying that they hold no grudge against the event is necessarily reliable.

I suppose it's possible that they are expressing their true feelings and that they do hold no grudges against the event.  Or I suppose it is also just possible that they are presenting what I understand is a recognised psychological phenonemon where people, when challenged in their beliefs, display increased conviction in believing something which might appear irrational to others.  Whether you want to call that "mentally compromised" is up to you, but I don't believe it is necessarily "abnormal" behaviour - it's part of the human condition.  It's not a criticism of the family.

Or I suppose a third possibility is that the relatives  already know what @Passing Time believes so they tell him what he wants to hear.  Or they just don't want an argument with him.

I don't know.  Do you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghost Ship said:

What I'm wondering is - when somebody like @Passing Time talks to the surviving family members of somebody who has died racing at the TT - whether the surviving relatives saying that they hold no grudge against the event is necessarily reliable.

I suppose it's possible that they are expressing their true feelings and that they do hold no grudges against the event.  Or I suppose it is also just possible that they are presenting what I understand is a recognised psychological phenonemon where people, when challenged in their beliefs, display increased conviction in believing something which might appear irrational to others.  Whether you want to call that "mentally compromised" is up to you, but I don't believe it is necessarily "abnormal" behaviour - it's part of the human condition.  It's not a criticism of the family.

Or I suppose a third possibility is that the relatives  already know what @Passing Time believes so they tell him what he wants to hear.  Or they just don't want an argument with him.

I don't know.  Do you?

No, other than what they say, I don't know. Which is why I don't speculate on their mental faculties.

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

There does seem to be a lot of visitors getting around on pushbikes.  Not so noticeable in previous years. 

motorhomes and campervans seem to arrive equipped with 2 E bikes above the tow hitch.

• Like 1