TT 2022 ??

Barlow

Just now, Declan said:

I wonder whether there's something neurological that makes them perceive risk differently. 

Most humans don't understand risk and probability. You can say the same for smokers, heavy drinkers and drug users too.

Everyone is indestructible...until something happens to them.

Similarly for anyone spending money on the lottery  - 99.999% are overall losers over time.

• Like 2

Just now, Declan said:

I wonder whether there's something neurological that makes them perceive risk differently. 

More likely that the enjoyment is worth the risk. Everyone perceives risk differently - I'm not sure that's down to neurological differences. I ride a motorbike despite the risk being considerably higher than a car. Don't even use it to commute, purely for enjoyment. Many of my friends would consider that too risky to do themselves, and I've just realised I've set you up to accuse me of having a neurological problem.

I think people just want different things out of life.

• Like 1

I realise forums are for debate but this has gone full circle enough times for it to be a bit pointless now. There are two sides to every healthy debate and this surely has run its course for another year. Its only serving to wind people up which leads to aggression and trolling, something that we should all think about when we look at the bigger picture - is it really worth it?

1 minute ago, Declan said:

Briefly, in the moment. But not before you're informing families. Wouldn't medics need to establish identity for transfusions etc.

No, you cross-match blood each time with the patient in front of you. However, if your blood type is on record from a previous admission, then the system would flag up a mismatch if it happened to be different. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wrighty said:

No, you cross-match blood each time with the patient in front of you. However, if your blood type is on record from a previous admission, then the system would flag up a mismatch if it happened to be different. 

Plus they were brothers, so probably same blood types?

Some military friends have had their blood types tatto'd on their arms. 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Weliveinhope said:

I realise forums are for debate but this has gone full circle enough times for it to be a bit pointless now. There are two sides to every healthy debate and this surely has run its course for another year. Its only serving to wind people up which leads to aggression and trolling, something that we should all think about when we look at the bigger picture - is it really worth it?

"The TT has dropped a major bollock and it doesn't look good on us so we should all stop talking about it" 

2 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Plus they were brothers, so probably same blood types?

Some military friends have had their blood types tatto'd on their arms. 

I doubt any medic is going to trust such a tattoo. Killing someone because you trusted their tattoo is bad optics. They'd get O- til their blood type was identified in any trauma incident.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

"The TT has dropped a major bollock and it doesn't look good on us so we should all stop talking about it" 

do you not see my exact point here? your reply borders on agressive. My point was based on this, not that we should stifle healthy debate - but healthy debate this isnt.