TT 2022 ??

Barlow

I have been told the injuries sustained were horrendous so how they decided which was which is a puzzle, it is a dreadful thing to happen the families have had enough to bear.   Surely a family member of the rider in Aintree would have visited before now and would have pointed out the dreadful error if they could have identified the patient before now if it was obvious.   The whole scenario is really horrid and unthinkable.   Thoughts are with both families and friends.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I have been told the injuries sustained were horrendous so how they decided which was which is a puzzle, it is a dreadful thing to happen the families have had enough to bear.   Surely a family member of the rider in Aintree would have visited before now and would have pointed out the dreadful error if they could have identified the patient before now if it was obvious.   The whole scenario is really horrid and unthinkable.   Thoughts are with both families and friends.

This are my thoughts too. Fire involved allegedly so possible due to infection risks , bandaging and just the levels of injury it wasnt possible to have the survivor identified in hospital till now . Its a incredibly sad situation and my thoughts are only really centered on all family and friends involved and of course the surviving competitor . I haven't commented really on any of the news on deaths as for me its too emotive .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

One of the saddest parts of this awful situation on the sad acts who have been waiting (hoping?) for something like this to occur so they could have a field day say “I told you so”

One of the saddest things?! 

I would say the saddest thing is that a family was torn apart only then to be told the guy wasn't dead. Then for a second family to be torn apart 3 days after they were told he had survived. 

But yeah of course it's all woe is me for TT fans isn't it and it should all be about you. 

You've been playing a dangerous game for far too long, it's backfired and now you're looking to blame anyone and everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lost Login said:

It does make you wonder the state each of the two individuals were in if they could not readily be identified.

I am amazed that competitors do not have to have some form of ID etc on them as seem to be required in other sports which are deemed to be risky. Compete on a horse in a cross country event and it is obligatory to wear an arm band with various details on it including I think blood group. 

Same on a rally suit. Name, blood type, next of kin. 

1 minute ago, 0bserver said:

One of the saddest things?! 

I would say the saddest thing is that a family was torn apart only then to be told the guy wasn't dead. Then for a second family to be torn apart 3 days after they were told he had survived. 

But yeah of course it's all woe is me for TT fans isn't it and it should all be about you. 

You've been playing a dangerous game for far too long, it's backfired and now you're looking to blame anyone and everyone. 

We get you dont like the TT . But for gods sake give it a rest. You've made your point countless times. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The statement I quoted wasn't timed but appears to have been released at about 11:30 am (3FM's piece is from 11:37).  But the tweet from the family member must have been made about 10 hours ago - which led to everyone (including the new media) assuming that he had died in Aintree and this was an extra death.  So the families knew by then and the organisers must have known before that even.  So they have sat on this and allowed misinformation to spread and are only now releasing what they know (and telling everyone to shut up about it). 

The TT organisation has always struck me as consisting of mainly dogged enthusiatic amateurs, who are seemingly wilfully blind to their perceived organisational inadequacies.  The show must go on, at any cost.  Any cost.  

And, we've seen recently what happens when one of their own people expresses an alternative view to the organisation's - the toys get tossed out of the pram, because they know best.  No dissenters welcome.  Very North Korea.

As I recall, the enquiry into the 2007 incident at the 26th Milestone was less than complimentary towards the organisers and some individuals within it.  The outcome of the more recent Mercer enquiry may be known, but has not been publicised.  One wonders why, in a time of expected increased transparency and accountability.  What, if anything, are they hiding?

Today, they appear to have raised the bar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I'm not sure I agree.  Despite everything I've said in support I think the whole thing has become too focussed on speed. The roads aren't up to it.  They never were but they're much worse now than before. Lowering the speed or the size of the machines would go someway to lowering the risk but it might also affect how many want to race and how many will come to see. This is the issue with government backing - it's not a healthy partnership.

You're not wrong. There was a bit of a worry back when they introduced the 750cc machines. (Anyone remember the diabolical Le Mans style start) Now you have 1000cc missiles. When a 600cc machine will achieve speeds of up to 160mph there is no need whatsoever for anything bigger than that. As you quite rightly state, the roads are not up to it no matter how much maintenance or smoothing of corners. Time to take a look at how to reduce the class size without completely ruining the event. The only way to do that is to keep our government out of it.

• Like 1