TT 2022 ??

Barlow

29 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That's the idea of teams developing the science. They could do it if they needed to.

They do need to if the class is to gain any interest from the sport. In MotoE, they are restricted to seven laps of a c.3 mile circuit. After one run up the Mountain the bikes are struggling for battery capacity, even the Mugens if things don't go to plan. It's one thing sacrificing speed for endurance but that is the problem, it's not racing anymore.

30 minutes ago, Max Power said:

They do need to if the class is to gain any interest from the sport. In MotoE, they are restricted to seven laps of a c.3 mile circuit. After one run up the Mountain the bikes are struggling for battery capacity, even the Mugens if things don't go to plan. It's one thing sacrificing speed for endurance but that is the problem, it's not racing anymore.

A lot has changed since an e bike last lapped the TT course.  I think you would be surprised.

An electric production road bike with slightly higher battery from today would have a crack at the existing lap record.

• Like 2

Everything is going swimmingly according to the Clerk of the Course who was on Manx Radio at lunchtime, no problems at all, 600 Marshalls being recruited here and away , training given on both sides of the water,  the D.O.I are on board, hot line open to them with frequent reports how the mountain road is being sorted.  A local rider is zipping around the course a couple of times a week assessing problems which are being fast tracked to the D.O.I. for attention.  It is great, it is happening, razz Le dazzle was on top form.   What a total load of bollocks.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Everything is going swimmingly according to the Clerk of the Course who was on Manx Radio at lunchtime, no problems at all, 600 Marshalls being recruited here and away , training given on both sides of the water,  the D.O.I are on board, hot line open to them with frequent reports how the mountain road is being sorted.  A local rider is zipping around the course a couple of times a week assessing problems which are being fast tracked to the D.O.I. for attention.  It is great, it is happening, razz Le dazzle was on top form.   What a total load of bollocks.

Why is it bollocks , what’s not happening that is needed in your opinion?!

3 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

A lot has changed since an e bike last lapped the TT course.  I think you would be surprised.

An electric production road bike with slightly higher battery from today would have a crack at the existing lap record.

I'm not so sure really, the range drops dramatically when they get pushed hard, MotoE at the cutting edge hasn't seen an increase in range as yet?

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Was he told by the same people who told him we're aiming for 500k visitors by 2032?

• Haha 1