TT 2022 ??

Barlow

Just now, HeliX said:

The deaths can be the worst thing with something else being "one of the worst things". Not sure that's a problem?

I appreciate but it sounds crass every time I read especially when it relates "one of the worst things" not being the death, pain felt by family and friends, trauma of witnessing or dealing with but that people are talking about it on a forum. That is pretty immaterial in my opinion.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The NPM this afternoon is reporting the theft of a T-shirt from a shop. They have released CCTV picture of the alleged perpetrator, and are looking for him for questioning. It’s funny that the police are really in Judge Dread mode, for 2 weeks of the year. Still next week they won’t give a shit if anything gets stolen - they will put out an appeal a few weeks later. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Lost Login said:

I appreciate but it sounds crass every time I read especially when it relates "one of the worst things" not being the death, pain felt by family and friends, trauma of witnessing or dealing with but that people are talking about it on a forum. That is pretty immaterial in my opinion.  

Yeah perhaps, I do think people more or less gloating over the deaths and salivating over the idea of the TT getting bad press is pretty abhorrent though.

• Like 1

With the increasing speeds in the TT, and the associated high speed crashes resulting in aircraft-crash type injuries, there is a way of making positive identification of cadavers and hideously injured riders. DNA typing of all competitors would avoid any ambiguity.

Time also to end the sidecar events at the TT, especially when there are two family members on the same outfit. How many times have we had a double tragedy at the TT and how long will this be tolerated ?

32 minutes ago, John Wright said:

However, it does appear the Press Office needs a shake up. There are plenty of rumours about what basically happened. An official statement that doesn’t impinge on police/coroner might lance that boil. But it isn’t pleasant, or so I believe. And perhaps, in the event, it’s better it didn’t come before the identity mistake was discovered.

The programme (P. 96) shows that the Press Office function has now been outsourced to a UK based outfit called Motocom Ltd. The job was previously handled by Simon Crellin, who now has another job in the organisational structure. Presumably they were responsible for the style change, which gave us that crass wording in earlier announcements, and they have probably had a big hand in the wording and style what has been issued today. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Dick Butt seems to have an opinion on who's fault it is...

h0Z5GJY.png

No he doesn’t. You haven’t read the article, it’s regurgitated press release, he makes no editorial comment.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gizo said:

You are a complete bell end. I know your type, tell lies and proves them. 

You reckon "TT organisers' huge error" doesn't imply that the TT organisers made a huge error?

I know actually providing counter arguments instead of insults is difficult for you, but do try.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

You reckon "TT organisers' huge error" doesn't imply that the TT organisers made a huge error?

I know actually providing counter arguments instead of insults is difficult for you, but do try.

I’d say mis ID’ing a dead person is a huge error. Simples.