TT 2022 ??

Barlow

Classic Helix, deferring blame and attention away from the TT. What is fact is a dead person was wrongly pronounced dead while competing in the TT.   

No doubt blame will be apportioned to some lowly ambulance driver, who’ll lose his job, win his unfair dismissal tribunal.
Blame deflected from the TT and Helix can gloat , “I told you so, you gammon “

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Wasting your time.

The haters are foaming at the mouth and all reason has gone out of the window.

IOM newspapers with that post are very clearly suggesting an error by the organisers.

That could make them look very stupid

Didn’t they announce a wrong death? They might have been given bad info but the buck stops with the organisers. Watch them make changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Classic Helix, deferring blame and attention away from the TT. What is fact is a dead person was wrongly pronounced dead while competing in the TT.   

No doubt blame will be apportioned to some lowly ambulance driver, who’ll lose his job, win his unfair dismissal tribunal.
Blame deflected from the TT and Helix can gloat , “I told you so, you gammon “

I'm not deferring anything, I'm responding to a piece of news. I am perfectly happy to talk about the facts and whether it should have an impact on the TT.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It doesn't matter who made the error. They were the organisers and it's their event. He was killed here on the IOM at the T.T.  Now here's a tough one for you: Who do you think that makes responsible and who carries the can ?

Who made the error and who is overall responsible are not the same thing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

I respect your postings Roger, but I think you’re wrong. We don’t know, exactly, how the identification error occurred. But it did.

I don’t see a cover up. I see a natural chain of extraordinary events.

TT organisers don’t have a presence at Liverpool hospitals. They have no more right to medical information than the rest of the public, it’s protected by confidentiality and GDPR.

so, accident on Saturday. Move body and injured person appropriately. Preserve and document scene, clean up. Work on restoring road surface. Transfer unconscious person to Liverpool. You get the best person you can to identify. Notify families, direct or via the team ( different language ).

Families then start looking at how to get to IoM and Liverpool.  Not sure where families are based in Italy. They’ve got to book and get to an airport. There’s only one flight Rome - Liverpool daily. A few more to Manchester. Most are Luton and South East.  So, it’s unlikely family arrived Sunday, Monday perhaps, Tuesday more likely.

We don’t know how the error was discovered. Did he gain consciousness, and say “ I’m not X” or did family turn up and say “it’s not X”. If that happened Tuesday the first thing that would be done is the hospital and families sorting out, informing police here,  and confirming ID and telling each other. 

The tweet from family seems to have come around 11pm-midnight Tuesday. I don’t know if the organisers would be on duty then.

Possibly organisers  only became aware this morning. They then really do need to check and confirm before issuing the correcting statement.

Theres huge pressure for everyone to react and publish immediately. Social media ends of with rumour and counter rumour. Perhaps it’s a more haste, less speed situation. 

However, it does appear the Press Office needs a shake up. There are plenty of rumours about what basically happened. An official statement that doesn’t impinge on police/coroner might lance that boil. But it isn’t pleasant, or so I believe. And perhaps, in the event, it’s better it didn’t come before the identity mistake was discovered.

Actually both men were from France not Italy.  Chanal was from the Haute Savoie, so nearer Geneva or Lyon Airport (Lavorel is from Bron a satellite town of Lyon).  But what you say just highlights the lack of organisational care for injured participants or the survivors of those killed.   There seems to have been no assistance for or contact with the families beyond  initially informing them of the accident.  All the actions you mention are the work of others: police, NHS, DoI etc.

I'm not alleging an immediate cover-up from the organisers - that would require more involvement than they could be bothered with.  But telling people not to speculate isn't just futile, it's an attempt to supress discussion from an organisation that has been continuously secretive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

I'm not deferring anything, I'm responding to a piece of news. I am perfectly happy to talk about the facts and whether it should have an impact on the TT.

So you know all the facts. 

why didn’t you say you were Gary Thompson, it all adds up now. 

I’m temporarily locking the thread, again. Tempers are too frayed. Too much lashing out. IoM newspapers are again focussing on MF rather than the real story.

Please don’t post about the Sidecar accident, injuries, death, etc on other threads whilst this is in abeyance. Usual consequences will apply if you do.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

We understand that I t's difficult to not talk about the TT  at the moment.

We are reopening the thread.

A police investigation, on behalf of the Coroner of inquests has just been announced.

Out of respect for the competitors, the deceased, the injured, their families, and the investigation we have decided to set the following posting rules.

THERE IS TO BE NO DISCUSSION OR SPECULATION AS TO CAUSES, CIRCUMSTANCES, INJURIES, CAUSE OF DEATH OF ANY TT RACING OR PRACTICE ACCIDENT - UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

IN RELATION TO THE SIDECAR INCIDENT THERE IS TO BE NO  DISCUSSION OR SPECULATION AS TO THE MISIDENTIFICATION.

THIS IS BECAUSE OF THE INVESTIGATION AND SO AS TO PROTECT FAMILIES, ORGANISERS, PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND COMMON DECENCY.

ANYONE STEPPING OVER THE LINE WILL FACE PERMANENT BAN

Discussion is available on other platforms if people deem necessary (Twitter/Facebook). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Thanks for posting this. So the event organizers have managed to totally silence the whole population from discussing things that many categorically know happened and that people are openly talking about away from social media to avoid wider press reporting. 

(Edited sorry I thought that was an official announcement not a forum one from the mods) 

Edited by Bandits
Addition
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bandits said:

Thanks for posting this. So the event organizers have managed to totally silence the whole population from discussing things that many categorically know happened and that people are openly talking about away from social media to avoid wider press reporting. 

(Edited sorry I though that was an official announcement not a forum one) 

No. It’s our decision. Nothing to do with race organisers. The reasons are explained.

Its all to do with the Coroners Inquiry.

It’s all to do with decency. It’s all to do with depths of disrespect shown here by some posters who can’t won’t let up and use tragic events to point score, or, like you, @Bandits don’t read and jump to ( wrong ) conclusions.

Just to set the record straight, no pressure has been applied to MF.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1