TT 2022 ??

Barlow

4 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Have I been transported in the night to North Korea ? 

It’s more than that. I think you will find that it isn’t for altruistic reasons at all. It’s because IOM Newspapers are kicking off and pressuring places like here. Not for any moral reason. But because they want the exclusive scoop on reporting on the full horror as and when they can. 

4 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Fingers crossed for a good days racing today, although the weather forecast looks a bit like things might deteriorate at the crucial moment.

Is there still a requirement for access to the cemetery on Tuesday  and Thursday mornings to explain the later road closures?  It looks like going first thing would have been the best option of that had been available to them

perhaps, but they only have one race to fit in so hopefully it shouldn't be an issue.

2 minutes ago, MrGarrison said:

It’s more than that. I think you will find that it isn’t for altruistic reasons at all. It’s because IOM Newspapers are kicking off and pressuring places like here. Not for any moral reason. But because they want the exclusive scoop on reporting on the full horror as and when they can. 

mail online don't care about a twice a week poor mans bog roll dispenser.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WTF said:

mail online don't care about a twice a week poor mans bog roll dispenser.

I think you’ll find that’s the reason though no matter how optimistic it might be. It’s got nothing to do with an inquest or morality or fair play or anything else. It’s got to do with a newspaper and media here who want first dibs on the horror story so are trying to suppress any form of internet discussion as they’ve been told they can’t publish under threat of litigation by IOM Government. 

7 minutes ago, MrGarrison said:

I think you’ll find that’s the reason though no matter how optimistic it might be. It’s got nothing to do with an inquest or morality or fair play or anything else. It’s got to do with a newspaper and media here who want first dibs on the horror story so are trying to suppress any form of internet discussion as they’ve been told they can’t publish under threat of litigation by IOM Government. 

nah ,   what's the point in fighting to protect a story when 95% of the readers are local and have metaphorically read it already. mail online don't care about them and i'm sure MF mods don't , they are just acting as the moral police and just like the TT some agree with it, some don't.  MF burkas coming to a store near you , preorders welcome. 😁

Edited by WTF

28 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Have I been transported in the night to North Korea ? Very disappointed that you posted that John. I think you should reconsider it. I don't doubt that there's been pressure put on you.

21 minutes ago, MrGarrison said:

11 minutes ago, MrGarrison said:

There has been no approach, contact, request, or pressure, from IoMG, IoM Newspapers, ACU, TTMA, police, Coroner of Inquests, families.

If you can’t respect our decision, and want to waste time in paranoid theories about our reasons, do it somewhere else.

This is an issue of respect in a very unusual set of circumstances. Nothing more, nothing less. The wild speculation, aggressive posting of opposing views, personal attacks and claims to have inside information really aren’t helpful.

We are sure IoM Newspapers have their view of the truth. We’ve been told a variety of conflicting things, in our personal capacities.

Just let the Coroners Office get on with his enquiry.

Perhaps, if you’ve anything useful and insightful to contribute, you could contact him.

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, WTF said:

nah ,   what's the point in fighting to protect a story when 95% of the readers are local and have metaphorically read it already. mail online don't care about them and i'm sure MF mods don't , they are just acting as the moral police and just like the TT some agree with it, some don't.  MF burkas coming to a store near you , preorders welcome. 😁

6CABA7B5-570E-4A49-A1BF-5D30B4317F73.jpeg

Edited by MrGarrison
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Have I been transported in the night to North Korea ? Very disappointed that you posted that John. I think you should reconsider it. I don't doubt that there's been pressure put on you.

Totally agree. So the IoM can host an event where we expect individuals to die and suffer horrific injuries. It is a private forum so the owners are free to make their own rules, good or bad, but I really struggle with the concept that events and the matter should not be discussed or commented. Putting on a public event where people put themselves at risk of smashing themselves up I would suggest is far more disgusting.

As for point scoring. Well yeah, that tends to happen when people are discussing. If people don't like it then they don't have to read or participate, just like I will not be any longer as I feel this is yet another crass decision by John Wright to block or restrict a topic. We are forever told the riders know the risks and that their family and friends accept and are glad they did even though they smashed them selves up, yet apparently they such shrinking violets they may not be able to cope with some posts on a private forum the poor dears.

That is probably a bit over the top, but the post and reasoning set out by JW comes across to me as supercilious nonsense

John or another mod, could you please permanently ban me, so I am not tempted to post on this forum again.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, MrGarrison said:

6CABA7B5-570E-4A49-A1BF-5D30B4317F73.jpeg

That’s not pressure by IoM Newspapers. That’s MF criticising them for focussing on posts here ( critical of R Callister and his attitude to the death/injury ) rather than investigating the story.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Turned into a Pro-TT thread. 

the masters have won, protect the golden goose at all costs. 

I admire the bikers, they’re not just Sunday riders. They are proper professional sports people, the thing I like the most about them is their normality. One of the unique things about the TT is that you can wander around and have a look at the bikes, meet the riders and chat with them like they’re someone you met on the bus. 
Social media is awash with people singing the praises of the TT. There are relatively few calling for it to be banned (and one of them is a complete mental, she should be banned, if you know who I’m talking about then you will know I’m right!).

People do want to know what happened because it’s interesting, like what happened to make a really experienced rider crash, etc? In the olden days the newspaper reports went into great detail - I remember reading about a mine disaster when we were on holiday in Allan did I - that is not where we went and I am not changing it for a third time ….we were  on holiday in Wales! The report about the mine disaster had all kinds in “Jenny Jones from Portland Street suffered a broken leg” it was probably a bit too much information but nowadays we’re not allowed to know or talk about anything.