TT 2022 ??

Barlow

54 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Tomorrows short races are not going down well with the visitors

Well I assume they discussed options with riders competing in both races who weren’t keen on racing for 10 laps flat out!!

A few I spoke to in town we’re delighted they were getting 3 races in same day 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bandits said:

Thanks for posting this. So the event organizers have managed to totally silence the whole population from discussing things that many categorically know happened and that people are openly talking about away from social media to avoid wider press reporting. 

(Edited sorry I thought that was an official announcement not a forum one from the mods) 

i knew it reminded me of something.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

the silly break at 5

yeah, that silly break. the bit where residents would like to go home. Not for the TT apologists, all out inconsideration is what they want. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Do away with needing the roads open five to six in future years so it doesn’t happen again unless it really is unavoidable.

@Max Power may know more but I think it is our MHKs that wanted this brought in.

We do not live in a desert climate either so it would help if we had machines that could race in the wet ( mist is obviously another matter)

24 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Do away with needing the roads open five to six in future years so it doesn’t happen again unless it really is unavoidable.

There's no requirement to have the roads open between 5 and 6 tomorrow as it's a public holiday. Yet they've shortened the Senior anyway. 

FB_IMG_1654788040354.jpg

37 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Do you remember what it was like before they introduced this a few years ago? I do - one year I left Lord Street at 5pm to pickup my daughter from the nursery in Onchan which closed at 6pm. It was gone 7pm by the time I got there. Luckily they stayed open and my daughter wasn't the only child still there waiting for pickup by parents delayed by the traffic chaos.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kevster said:

Do you remember what it was like before they introduced this a few years ago? I do - one year I left Lord Street at 5pm to pickup my daughter from the nursery in Onchan which closed at 6pm. It was gone 7pm by the time I got there. Luckily they stayed open and my daughter wasn't the only child still there waiting for pickup by parents delayed by the traffic chaos.

New £20m+ promenade now though so traffic will flow freely🤣

• Haha 1