TT 2022 ??

Barlow

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

I'm not so sure really, the range drops dramatically when they get pushed hard, MotoE at the cutting edge hasn't seen an increase in range as yet?

You should ride one.

Energica says the Eva Ribelle is good for 249 town miles, 112 miles on the motorway and 143 miles general mucking about. Fast charging to 80% full takes around 42 minutes and a slower Level 2 charger will give you 41.5 miles for every hour its plugged in.

We didn’t get to test the new battery’s impressive credentials during our short test at its world launch, but we did get to feel the force. Churning out 144bhp and a tarmac-ruffling 159ftlb of torque (just four shy of the new Triumph Rocket 3) acceleration is as savage as a top drawer super naked.

• Like 1

My memories are of the smell ofCastrol ,growl of theNortons and the high pitched Italian bikes .   I hope the races go ahead for the sake of the economy but how will the hotels and campsites go on if they have rolled over the bookings there will not be any money coming in but overheads will have to be paid.   Have Bushy’s got the Villa again ?   That seemed to be a success story.   I still think it is more a possibility rather than a probability but I hope I am wrong.

5 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

You should ride one.

Energica says the Eva Ribelle is good for 249 town miles, 112 miles on the motorway and 143 miles general mucking about. Fast charging to 80% full takes around 42 minutes and a slower Level 2 charger will give you 41.5 miles for every hour its plugged in.

We didn’t get to test the new battery’s impressive credentials during our short test at its world launch, but we did get to feel the force. Churning out 144bhp and a tarmac-ruffling 159ftlb of torque (just four shy of the new Triumph Rocket 3) acceleration is as savage as a top drawer super naked.

I don't think Energica are continuing with Moto E, and their specs kind of back up what Max was saying. 249 miles around town yet only 112 on the motorway, so going at 70mph gives you less than half the range. Going at race speeds?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

My memories are of the smell ofCastrol ,growl of theNortons and the high pitched Italian bikes .   I hope the races go ahead for the sake of the economy but how will the hotels and campsites go on if they have rolled over the bookings there will not be any money coming in but overheads will have to be paid.   Have Bushy’s got the Villa again ?   That seemed to be a success story.   I still think it is more a possibility rather than a probability but I hope I am wrong.

The hotels etc got a lot of money based on bed space whether open or not, they also got significant salaries support & rates subsidy so shouldn’t have an issue 

20 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I don't think Energica are continuing with Moto E, and their specs kind of back up what Max was saying. 249 miles around town yet only 112 on the motorway, so going at 70mph gives you less than half the range. Going at race speeds?

Which is why I said "An electric production road bike with slightly higher battery from today would have a crack at the existing lap record."

There a several production bikes that with a slightly bigger battery would top the existing record.  Things are improving every month 

5 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Everything is going swimmingly according to the Clerk of the Course who was on Manx Radio at lunchtime, no problems at all, 600 Marshalls being recruited here and away , training given on both sides of the water,  the D.O.I are on board, hot line open to them with frequent reports how the mountain road is being sorted.  A local rider is zipping around the course a couple of times a week assessing problems which are being fast tracked to the D.O.I. for attention.  It is great, it is happening, razz Le dazzle was on top form.   What a total load of bollocks.

It's not bollocks at all. It is the responsibility for the Clerk of the Course and those in Government who have the task of making the TT happen, to make it happen. If DoI share the same mission, they can do what is necessary to make the TT Course fit for racing. However, the progress of Covid and the Isle of Man's response to it is not within their control, so all they can do is plan and prepare for the event so it can happen. Come next May and everything in the Covid garden is lovely, and the Clerk, DoI and DfE people have not done the necessary preparatory work then they can be criticised. It is unfair to criticise now - unless of course you actually don't want the TT to go ahead anyway. I suspect some of the critics have that as their agenda and Covid just provides another weapon in their armoury. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Which is why I said "An electric production road bike with slightly higher battery from today would have a crack at the existing lap record."

There a several production bikes that with a slightly bigger battery would top the existing record.  Things are improving every month 

Are they though? Choice of production electric motorbikes is still extremely limited, especially compared to ICE models. I'm not against the TT zero and would love to see it suceed, but there's a lot more to racing here that a one lap shot at the lap record. The TT is known for close, exciting racing, there have been some incredible races in recent years and before, I think TT zero has got a long way to go before it gets anywhere near that. 

I am not criticising just disbelieving it is as easy as what the Clerk of the course is making out.   The meetings that the Marshalls have had have been undersubscribed so far and they need 600 that is a big ask and as we are heading into the worst weather months of the year the DOI will have it’s work cut out.   I am not saying that the preparations he mentioned are not right and proper it was just the, nothing can possibly go wrong attitude, and false confidence that got me.   A reality check is needed nothing is a done deal until it happens.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I am not criticising just disbelieving it is as easy as what the Clerk of the course is making out.   The meetings that the Marshalls have had have been undersubscribed so far and they need 600 that is a big ask and as we are heading into the worst weather months of the year the DOI will have it’s work cut out.   I am not saying that the preparations he mentioned are not right and proper it was just the, nothing can possibly go wrong attitude, and false confidence that got me.   A reality check is needed nothing is a done deal until it happens.

There is, no doubt, some truth in the concerns you have but it's Gary Thompson's job to be enthusiastic about the TT and if he can't be upbeat about it, the job's fucked.

• Like 1

Don’t know what happened there….  The point Banker made about hotels getting assistance is spot on but that was to keep them going that is well spent as will be any money that was paid, the hotels who have rolled over clients bookings will be running on empty over the T.T. period with staff, food etc to provide, perhaps most or all hotels just claimed no show and kept the money .

15 hours ago, Banker said:

they are going to be using any dodge/scam/twist of logic to get the TT on and to get around travel restrictions and or quarantine periods, but hey one rule for the TT and one rule for everybody else.

Be interesting to see what they would do if Japan was on a red list and Mr Honda and his posse wanted to come for senior race day.

• Like 1