TT 2022 ??

Barlow

4 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Or they could just build a proper access road.  By proper I mean about 2 foot wider

They were talking about it but think it’s been booted down the road, also wasn’t there talk of a bridge at one time.

Trying to actually get on the access road from tromode area can sometimes take an hour, yesterday there were several dickheads coming from the hospital side who blocked the roundabout almost & preventing anyone turning right to hospital by their desire to force themselves into queue at expense of anyone else!!

1 minute ago, Banker said:

They were talking about it but think it’s been booted down the road, also wasn’t there talk of a bridge at one time.

Trying to actually get on the access road from tromode area can sometimes take an hour, yesterday there were several dickheads coming from the hospital side who blocked the roundabout almost & preventing anyone turning right to hospital by their desire to force themselves into queue at expense of anyone else!!

They should have built roundels

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

@Max Power may know more but I think it is our MHKs that wanted this brought in.

We do not live in a desert climate either so it would help if we had machines that could race in the wet ( mist is obviously another matter)

I think it was introduced due to public request as much as anything, the crossing points were opened but became insufficient as traffic has increased over the years.

I can hark back to having raced in the rain and actually enjoying it, as it slowed everything down to my speed. I think the problem today is the power of modern machines overcomes the tyres on wet roads much more readily in the event of someone getting too enthusiastic?  

11 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

It’s a stupid recent introduction to placate a few that compromises the whole days schedule 

yeah really stupid. Thousands of people wanting to get home from a days work. 

Considering the TT riders "love what they do and will die for the cause" why don't they put their money where their mouth is and put some wet tyres on and go racing. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 11:15 AM, kevster said:

I doubt if many of those racing now have great-grandparents alive now, let alone in 20-30 years time

I meant those who are in their teens/low twenties today who will be grandparents in 20 to 30 year's time. They'd be the only ones with any recollection of the TT. Depressingly I saw an interview the other day where a young man was stopped in the street and asked what he thought of Elvis (the new film is out) and he said he'd sort of heard the name but didn't quite know who he was.

27 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Like I said. When I lived on the course and worked in Douglas it suited me better to keep the roads closed 5 to 6 and have them open earlier and without that mad rush.

I have also already acknowledged that doesn’t apply to everyone.

Keep trying though

Not everyone finishes work at 5 either, I used to finish at 5.30pm and have a hell of a job getting home, would have been easy to just carry on the racing at 3.30-4.30 and open the roads probably around 6ish. Majority of the time I had to just accept I was locked out the course till 9pm, especially when work over ran.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

I don’t see any reason to disbelieve the figures based on everything I have seen and read about people making last minute bookings.

Unless you have any evidence to the contrary?

But we must be a couple of thousand air passengers down , don't' forget no Flybe  who flew at least 6 inward flights a day  over TT period     at least  5 easy jet cancellations   no charters  and the airport was warning private aircraft they could be turned away ,  if the steam packet sailings were all full  we would still be a few thousand down on pre covid TT  I don't know where starship enterprise  dreams the figures up , its been shot in the arm for businesses and the economy ,  but nothing to crow about !, TT delivered but could do better !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

I don’t see any reason to disbelieve the figures based on everything I have seen and read about people making last minute bookings.

Unless you have any evidence to the contrary?

As I said above. Do people seriously believe that nearly 5,000 foot passengers have all of a sudden booked this week when the spaces left available on the boat were already very limited? As at the middle of last week we were 1,000 SPC passengers down now we seem to be over 3,000 up. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Bandits said:

As I said above. Do people seriously believe that nearly 5,000 foot passengers have all of a sudden booked this week when the spaces left available on the boat were already very limited? As at the middle of last week we were 1,000 SPC passengers down now we seem to be over 3,000 up. 

Skellynomics!

• Like 3