TT 2022 ??

Barlow

4 minutes ago, Bandits said:

As the Steam Packet accounts are not published we will never know. It’s odd that since we bought it in 2018 the TT numbers have gone up exponentially. 

No they haven't.  The official figures are:

2017:  45,054

2018:  44,377

2019:  46,174

Pretty constant around 45 k.  There's an increase since 2010, they've altered the methods since then, so comparisons need to made carefully.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

The police are looking for video footage of the sidecar crash. But oddly it seems only accredited media sources should respond 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/police-appeal-for-footage-of-fatal-sidecar-incident/

I thought that accredited media sources were obliged to hand their footage in if there was a crash so maybe the police think one of them hasn't.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I thought that accredited media sources were obliged to hand their footage in if there was a crash so maybe the police think one of them hasn't.

That’s an interesting theory. Why would a media outlet hold on to such a thing? 😂

47 minutes ago, Bandits said:

As the Steam Packet accounts are not published we will never know. It’s odd that since we bought it in 2018 the TT numbers have gone up exponentially. 

36 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

No they haven't.  The official figures are:

2017:  45,054

2018:  44,377

2019:  46,174

Pretty constant around 45 k.  There's an increase since 2010, they've altered the methods since then, so comparisons need to made carefully.

Given the timing of the acquisition in 2018 the TT figures post acquisition have been

2019 46,174

2020         0

2021.         0

2022.  Somewhere between 45,000 and 50,500

some people have an odd view of exponential.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I should never have given him £58 for a loaf. 

So, knowing Ramsey Bakery had closed down, you knew he had to travel to uk for the loaf. You only gave him the money for a "one way" ticket. Not even the money for the loaf! 

Harsh! 

What did he do wrong? 

53 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

The police are looking for video footage of the sidecar crash. But oddly it seems only accredited media sources should respond 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/police-appeal-for-footage-of-fatal-sidecar-incident/

Why couldn't plod just ask the organisers for a list of "accredited media" and approach them directly and discreetly - there cannot be that many of them can there? 

Or is it another case of them wanting to be seen to do something?  

1 hour ago, Bandits said:

As I said above. Do people seriously believe that nearly 5,000 foot passengers have all of a sudden booked this week when the spaces left available on the boat were already very limited? As at the middle of last week we were 1,000 SPC passengers down now we seem to be over 3,000 up. 

There has been an extra boat a day, pretty much. 

14 minutes ago, Mistercee said:

Why couldn't plod just ask the organisers for a list of "accredited media" and approach them directly and discreetly - there cannot be that many of them can there? 

Do the police not investigate all 'course' deaths on behalf of the coroner as a matter of routine?

1 hour ago, Steady Eddie said:

There's usually TV cameras in that vicinity, although I haven't watched any of this year's coverage to see if that's still the case.

13 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

There's usually TV cameras in that vicinity, although I haven't watched any of this year's coverage to see if that's still the case.

Definitely pro cameraman in a garden ,on lefthand side, to focus on Agos leap each day during practice week... I walked passed it every day ,just prior to roads closing.

53 minutes ago, Mistercee said:

If accredited media means anyone with a media pass they’ll be hundreds. 

3 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

A biggish sum, I would imagine...to Talking Heads/Eno, at any rate...

Tina Weymouth on bass guitar.

“Life during wartime” on the Talking Heads Stop Making Sense Tour. Freely available on You Tube.

I defy anyone to watch this to the end and not feel their life has been so enriched by doing so.

• Like 1