TT 2022 ??

Barlow

24 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes I imagine they had a right good belly laugh about it.

Ago will be here tomorrow so he can tell them himself , but seriously why do we suffer Johnny Moss and all the other tossers Manx radio seem to employ , but in Fairness Kinley is their star man the races would be rubbish without him  but loosing the commentary points around the course has been a retrograde step , and while to TV link is good it only focuses on the top 5 , and al least when  none of the other riders seem to get a mention , that of course is where the experience and   talent  comes in  to  keep the listener  or viewer   interested , 

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I detect a hint of sarcasm in that patrician tone that we've come to know so well. Have you got the big suit on again ? 

Well spotted!

Its just that I’m not sure mispronunciation of a  local landmark warrants that much hilarity.

Big suit has been hung up. In big pyjamas now 🙂

• Haha 1

Having read through the threads of the last few days, it is clear that it is not possible to have a grown-up debate about the TT with people who enjoy it. At some point we are going to have to have a proper, thoughtful and ethical debate about it, either because the people who live here want to have it or because we are forced to.
The facts of the misidentification in the last episode are actually irrelevant. No doubt, some “reasons” for it will be made known but, sometimes things are unacceptable and whatever reasons created the unacceptable event, they remain unacceptable. This is one of those occasions. It should not have happened and the end result will be that the reputation of the Island will be diminished. 
These events tend to be tidied away quite quickly and consigned to history and the sidecar incident has been successfully managed in the same way. I suspect it may come back to bite us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

I think someone might look very silly for suggesting it’s not unacceptable, ie it’s acceptable.

Perhaps you’re confusing “unacceptable” with “shouldn’t happen”.

I’m not speculating, but I can think of lots of reasons, theoretically.

Neither wore their ID tags

Both became separated from the ID tags in the incident

Someone swapped the ID tags before the race, or at the accident scene.

They swapped ID tags as a good luck or superstitious act.

List could go on and on.

How would those be the “unacceptable” fault of the “organisers”? 

42 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

One last time.  There is potential for people calling things unacceptable to end up looking very silly and I wish people would stop until facts are public

You either haven’t read what I wrote or don’t understand what I wrote.  I don’t really care which. 

Edited by joebean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mysteron said:

There's usually TV cameras in that vicinity, although I haven't watched any of this year's coverage to see if that's still the case.

It seems a very odd request. Presumably it would help with a coroner inquest although I wouldn’t be surprised if they were trying to stop the footage appearing at some stage.

1 hour ago, joebean said:

Having read through the threads of the last few days, it is clear that it is not possible to have a grown-up debate about the TT with people who enjoy it. At some point we are going to have to have a proper, thoughtful and ethical debate about it, either because the people who live here want to have it or because we are forced to.
The facts of the misidentification in the last episode are actually irrelevant. No doubt, some “reasons” for it will be made known but, sometimes things are unacceptable and whatever reasons created the unacceptable event, they remain unacceptable. This is one of those occasions. It should not have happened and the end result will be that the reputation of the Island will be diminished. 
These events tend to be tidied away quite quickly and consigned to history and the sidecar incident has been successfully managed in the same way. I suspect it may come back to bite us. 

Like the course car incident in the previous TT?