TT 2022 ??

Barlow

TT riders (Glenn Irwin) has gone online to say ‘respect the organisers’ - as people are going on social media. Whether this was done off Glenn Irwins on behalf, or whether our TT MHK was spilling his guts as to the stick he has been getting. 

21 minutes ago, Bandits said:

There are people who have been spectating in that area. There are also people who have spoken to people who we’re spectating in that area. And there are people who know people who work in government or the emergency services who already know what is going on. You can’t assume that everyone on this forum or elsewhere knows ‘fuck all’. 

Well, show me where I assumed that, for a start. I said, let's wait for the official announcement, not speculate. There are protoculs to be observed, people to be notified. I don't think we're losing anything by waiting an hour or two until the full picture is known, are we? It's not an assault on your freedoms, it's actually about respect.

• Like 1

Remarkable you can have 3000 pages of covid nonsense, deaths at Abbeywood, 100 plus deaths and counting, completely incompetent Government response and you are allowed to still spout shit on that thread. 
TT thread, lockdown. And you think nothing extraordinary is at play here?

18 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Correct- I have checked in with a close friend who lives there as I did last week as his garden is often occupied for the races - thankfully all at his residence are fine however his comment of “worse than last week” is worrying.

Well if Rob Callister posts a selfie up in the next 15 minutes then we’ll all know what’s happened. 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Does anyone know where details of the salary of the so-called 'Clerk of the Course' are available? 

The position seems to lie within DfE in the so-called 'Motorsport Development Team'. 

Why do you call Gary Thompson ‘the so called Clerk of the Course?’  He IS the Clerk of the Course and he is employed by the ACU, not the Motorsports Team 

https://www.acu.org.uk/About-The-ACU.aspx

I would suggest that you have absolutely no idea how complicated and difficult the role is and you wouldn’t be able to step into Gary’s shoes in a million years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

What happens to those who bought tickets for the grandstand/fanzones? Do they get refunds or is it tough luck? Those tickets aren’t exactly cheap. 

I had a VIP ticket for Wednesday of race week in 2019. There was no racing and no refund or transfer. Didn't bother me - I didn't pay for the ticket

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Remarkable you can have 3000 pages of covid nonsense, deaths at Abbeywood, 100 plus deaths and counting, completely incompetent Government response and you are allowed to still spout shit on that thread. 
TT thread, lockdown. And you think nothing extraordinary is at play here?

Were people speculating on the sick/dead in that thread before the families had been told and official announcements made?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2112 said:

TT riders (Glenn Irwin) has gone online to say ‘respect the organisers’ - as people are going on social media. Whether this was done off Glenn Irwins on behalf, or whether our TT MHK was spilling his guts as to the stick he has been getting. 

The reaction to it seems to suggest it's more against people complaining because the Senior wasn't run, despite the conditions, rather than more general criticism of the organisers.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hoops said:

Well, show me where I assumed that, for a start. I said, let's wait for the official announcement, not speculate. There are protoculs to be observed, people to be notified. I don't think we're losing anything by waiting an hour or two until the full picture is known, are we? It's not an assault on your freedoms, it's actually about respect.

There seem to be quite a lot of angry numpties on here today shouting at people for having a perfectly reasonable debate. No rider has been named, no circumstances have been named. Nothing whatsoever has been mentioned other than it doesn’t look good and an announcement is expected later on today. That’s it. No need to get your knickers in such a twist. As I said there are people who already know what’s gone on as they were either there or have spoke to people who were there. It’s not even speculating that an announcement will be made shortly because an announcement certainly will. 

• Like 4