TT 2022 ??

Barlow

5 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

That’s not even close to what you said first time.

Nobody is forced to go out an a bike they aren’t comfortable on.  You said yourself some will run a super stock in the senior through preference.

Some also run superstock in the superbike race, either through preference or just not having access to a superbike.

To be fair, many riders have remarked this year (and prior) that they feel largely like passengers on the 1000cc machines. And loads have remarked that they really enjoyed the 600s + twins...

Time for a shakeup?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

There's a lot if whataboutery covering the machines, roads, drain covers, weather and everything else under the sun. 

Have any of you stopped to consider that maybe, just maybe, the issue is you're launching bikes at ~150mph down roads that are only marginally better than UK B roads and designed to take traffic at 30mph. 

Every year the same things happen and people wonder why the morgue is filled with competitors. 

It was that fella Einstein who said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."

Maybe he was on to something. Who knows. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Is this the same place the fatal accidents are happening?

That's the second jump, the accidents both began at the first one further back, 'Ago's' where that machine seemed ok? This location is where the outfits and competitors ended up.

5 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

That’s not even close to what you said first time.

Nobody is forced to go out an a bike they aren’t comfortable on.  You said yourself some will run a super stock in the senior through preference.

Some also run superstock in the superbike race, either through preference or just not having access to a superbike.

I don't quite understand where you're coming from, you've just repeated what I already posted?

Riders make their decision based on their own feelings, the conditions and experience gathered in practice. Many have opted in the past to take out their "softer" Superstock-spec machinery rather than full-spec superbikes for both Superbike and Senior races.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

There's a lot if whataboutery covering the machines, roads, drain covers, weather and everything else under the sun. 

Have any of you stopped to consider that maybe, just maybe, the issue is you're launching bikes at ~150mph down roads that are only marginally better than UK B roads and designed to take traffic at 30mph. 

Every year the same things happen and people wonder why the morgue is filled with competitors. 

It was that fella Einstein who said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."

Maybe he was on to something. Who knows. 

What, you want the TT stopped? You should've said!

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Max Power said:

That's the second jump, the accidents both began at the first one further back, 'Ago's' where that machine seemed ok? This location is where the outfits and competitors ended up.

Thanks. I drive down there almost every day and I have no idea which part of it is Ago's Leap!

2 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

The two singles fatalities this year have been on much lower powered bikes.

One 600 Supersport and one 650 Supertwin which has less power than the bike I commute to work on.

Small sample size, and often the slower classes are also the classes that have the more inexperienced riders. You're surely not suggesting that going considerably faster is safer?

Both the solo fatalities this year are listed as being on 600s.

The vast majority of solo TT fatalities in the last 20 years have been on 1000cc machines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sitting at home listening to celebratory fireworks. Having spent a fair proportion of today involved (indirectly)with the families of those involved in two tragic sidecar crashes, I feel totally empty. 

Edited by cheesypeas
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 7

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Small sample size, and often the slower classes are also the classes that have the more inexperienced riders. You're surely not suggesting that going considerably faster is safer?

I think i mentioned earlier my feeling about the lower powered machines needing to be ridden harder? It's the less talented riders who get caught out by this I feel, but they don't ride so hard on the larger capacity machines. The talented guys are more able to cope with riding the bigger bikes hard perhaps? I know I always found that I preferred the larger bikes for this reason, but then I'm not that talented!

4 hours ago, Roxanne said:

We think it's bad now but reading that - can you imagine that happening now? I white line above a raised drain?

Facebook would be all over that.

That white line was there for years.  I also remember the event that led to it, no less pleasant than the reported events of Saturday 

• Like 1