TT 2022 ??

Barlow

5 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Here's a thought people, no matter what you think about the TT be it pro or anti, just remember a mother is now grieving over the loss of her husband and son. Take a day off and leave the one upmanship until another day.

And who hasn’t made acknowledgment of that? 

56 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I don't think there are any points where the fast boys aren't giving it their all on the big bikes now though. I think looking at one TT in isolation is a pretty sizeable mistake.

I think it's worth looking at what the TT is doing, it was always touted as a sales exercise as its raison d'étre - so let's look at the classes.

1000cc sportsbikes which are a dwindling, tiny percentage of the market.

600cc sports bikes whose market dwindled on sales and emissions grounds so far that the manufacturers don't even make them anymore apart from a limited number for track use.

Sidecars, largely 600 powered, based on short-circuit car racing technology but with no relevance to sales of anything, anywhere, other than racing sidecars.

Supertwins, now dominated by a £50k model from a manufacturer who quotes "limited" numbers of sales of a £30k road-going replica. Interestingly, local veteran Dave Madsen-Mygdal stated during an interview this week that the Supertwins have become the new GP 2 strokes in respect of maintenance and expense following modification rule changes. And this was supposed to be a production-based Budget class?

Relevance to sales? Bollocks. We need to look hard at where the TT is going and whose short term, opportunistic hands it is in.

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I think it's worth looking at what the TT is doing, it was always touted as a sales exercise as its raison d'étre - so let's look at the classes.

1000cc sportsbikes which are a dwindling, tiny percentage of the market.

600cc sports bikes whose market dwindled on sales and emissions grounds so far that the manufacturers don't even make them anymore apart from a limited number for track use.

Sidecars, largely 600 powered, based on short-circuit car racing technology but with no relevance to sales of anything, anywhere, other than racing sidecars.

Supertwins, now dominated by a £50k model from a manufacturer who quotes "limited" numbers of sales of a £30k road-going replica.

Relevance to sales? Bollocks. We need to look hard at where the TT is going and whose short term, opportunistic hands it is in.

Middle-weight nakeds if they want to represent the population...

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

I believe High Admiral Watterson isn’t exactly a fan, tbh he’d probably be the only MHK who could survive a thorough TT “discussion “. 

Temperatures are high. Someone has to say something. Two sidecar teams taken out at exactly the same spot within a few days of each other. You can even feel social media turning. They can’t front this out as usual. 

56 minutes ago, Bandits said:

Temperatures are high. Someone has to say something. Two sidecar teams taken out at exactly the same spot within a few days of each other. You can even feel social media turning. They can’t front this out as usual. 

Wanna bet?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Many riders have now and in the past opted for their Superstock-spec machinery for both the Superbike and Senior races. Reasons given are that they are invariably easier to ride through less power.

That’s a no then!

I think we would find if something was done to reduce the level of fatalities and critical injuries then almost all opposition to the TT would disappear. 

But if you ask an MHK what level of fatalities are acceptable to them, they will not answer. 

Sure you'll never make it 100% 'safe' but surely we all agree that 5 deaths and on critical injury isn't 'acceptable'? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

I think we would find if something was done to reduce the level of fatalities and critical injuries then almost all opposition to the TT would disappear. 

But if you ask an MHK what level of fatalities are acceptable to them, they will not answer. 

Sure you'll never make it 100% 'safe' but surely we all agree that 5 deaths and on critical injury isn't 'acceptable'? 

the participants find the risks 'acceptable'

Edited by WTF
  • Like 2