TT 2022 ??

Barlow

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

And your point is? 

Where’s the threat?

The threats will have been made directly to media companies. There was even a direct call out to accredited media firms made after the first incidence. While the rules above say they may invite media firms to stop reporting you can guess that it will have been expressed as much more than an invitation to stop. 

20 minutes ago, Nellie said:

This is an interesting point. A large area at Signpost Corner has now been turned into a prohibited area, hopefully temporarily, losing a lot of spectator capacity, after a fairly minor incident at the end of practice week.

But  could they do the same thing on QB Road? Can the organisers actually stop people watching from their own gardens, driveways etc. regardless of the perceived level of risk?

yes,  some one in ramsey ( admittedly commissioners housing IIRC ) couldn't sit in their own rented front garden in 2019.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bandits said:

The threats will have been made directly to media companies. There was even a direct call out to accredited media firms made after the first incidence. While the rules above say they may invite media firms to stop reporting you can guess that it will have been expressed as much more than an invitation to stop. 

Can you back that up? Really?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know if it still happens, but there was a time that if you had a property that abounded the course where risk was foreseen, you were asked to sign a disclaimer.

personally my response would have been to ask what the organizers were doing to prevent collateral intrusion into my property in the event of an incident?

had a few done that I suspect we might not have an event today

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

I suspect that the majority of the public will also be really pleased.

I haven't had a single near miss this year, and I've driven more than I would like to at TT. Pretty much every year I've had a car I've had at least a couple, where a second or two difference could have ended in disaster. It's been loads better this year.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Can you back that up? Really?

I don’t have to back that up do I as it’s an opinion and I said ‘you can guess’ not ‘they have’. I’d better stop there though as I’d hate to cause another ‘technical glitch’ where the forum isn’t viewable for another few hours or so. 

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Bandits said:

I don’t have to back that up do I as it’s an opinion and I said ‘you can guess’ not ‘they have’. I’d better stop there though as I’d hate to cause another ‘technical glitch’ where the forum isn’t viewable for another few hours or so. 

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Of course he can't.  He has made his mind up that a certain situation exists and everything is twisted/made up to fit that narrative.  Tiresome. 

Yes, @Banditsis deep down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole. “They” being used as the blanket descriptor of the alleged oppressor/evil/controller/denier of freedom is always a clue.

When asked to identify “they”, and then being shown the identification is wrong, he just blunders on.

The power to invite in para 71 is very rarely and sparingly used. I may not agree with the invitation, but I don’t know the fact matrix. But inquests, coroners inquiries, are really sensitive. I’d hope anyone “invited” would respect the invitation.

And the veiled hints about technical glitches yesterday being caused by this. Laughable crap. There was a major platform upgrade overnight Thursday/Friday. It’s normal for there to be odd glitches immediately after. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Yes, @Banditsis deep down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole. “They” being used as the blanket descriptor of the alleged oppressor/evil/controller/denier of freedom is always a clue.

You’re hilarious and it’s clear you have obviously been lent on the way you are now trying to bully and discredit an alternative view expressed by a poster. Are we going to have some random forum closures for technical reasons again today that just happen to coincide with posters seeking to question some of this mess? 😂

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

When asked to identify “they”, and then being shown the identification is wrong, he just blunders on.

The power to invite in para 71 is very rarely and sparingly used. I may not agree with the invitation, but I don’t know the fact matrix. But inquests, coroners inquiries, are really sensitive. I’d hope anyone “invited” would respect the invitation.

And the veiled hints about technical glitches yesterday being caused by this. Laughable crap. There was a major platform upgrade overnight Thursday/Friday. It’s normal for there to be odd glitches immediately after. 

Come on, John, everyone knows you have a red phone on your coffee table that is a direct line to "them". "They" dont hesitate to call you on it to tell you to flick the switch on MF to give "them" some breathing space while "they" refine the lies "they" are about to spin. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Bandits said:

You’re hilarious and it’s clear you have obviously been lent on the way you are now trying to bully and discredit an alternative view expressed by a poster. Are we going to have some random forum closures for technical reasons again today that just happen to coincide with posters seeking to question some of this mess? 😂

No one has lent on me or the forum.

im not bullying or discrediting an alternative view.

im posting facts to counter conspiracy theories. Two in one post.

We don’t get advised, in advance, by the platform providers, about updates, or glitches. Totally outside our control.

• Like 1

Just now, Gladys said:

Come on, John, everyone knows you have a red phone on your coffee table that is a direct line to "them". "They" dont hesitate to call you on it to tell you to flick the switch on MF to give "them" some breathing space while "they" refine the lies "they" are about to spin. 

I don’t have a coffee table, if that helps?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

We don’t get advised, in advance, by the platform providers, about updates, or glitches. Totally outside our control.

Funny how they happen for a few hours immediately after a TT death is announced and after you’ve been criticized for locking TT threads to stifle debate 😂😂

3 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

There's no overall conspiracy to silence people. 

We’ll see. The unfortunate witness to the carnage last week is from a very wealth and well connected Manx family. It will be interesting to see if they do try and put the usual lid on things.