TT 2022 ??

Barlow

23 minutes ago, ian rush said:

A side question: how many of those hammering DoI about Curragh Road crossing gates and the poor lad fairly unforseeably getting killed not paying attention are also sticking up for the TT? If you stick up for the TT get over yourself on some of the blaming you do against Government when other stuff goes wrong…

Or covid, where every death was the fault of irresponsible or homicidal government and the whole world should still be shut down yet some doomers are putting on their orange vests today

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ian rush said:

A side question: how many of those hammering DoI about Curragh Road crossing gates and the poor lad fairly unforseeably getting killed not paying attention are also sticking up for the TT? If you stick up for the TT get over yourself on some of the blaming you do against Government when other stuff goes wrong…

I struggle to see how you can launch bikes at 150mph down a road designed for 30mph traffic and not expect things to go badly. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Newsdesk said:

We’ll see. The unfortunate witness to the carnage last week is from a very wealth and well connected Manx family. It will be interesting to see if they do try and put the usual lid on things. 

I think I may know the same person. So yes it will be interesting to see what happens.

When I say there's no conspiracy, I suspect those at the top of the TT tree would like to see it all hushed up. But I doubt they have the reach or influence to make it happen. 

5 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

I struggle to see how you can launch bikes at 150mph down a road designed for 30mph traffic and not expect things to go badly. 

the road wasn't designed for 30mph traffic, that is just the usual speed limit on it, it probably had  NO speed limit when it was new.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

I think I may know the same person. So yes it will be interesting to see what happens.

When I say there's no conspiracy, I suspect those at the top of the TT tree would like to see it all hushed up. But I doubt they have the reach or influence to make it happen. 

there was an official mention of condolences on last nights TT footage of yesterday so they aren't hushing anything except unnecessary details to the masses.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, joebean said:

Running the race in these windy conditions is madness. Does anyone at the Grandstand have any moral conscience or is it all just up to the riders? 

it is always down to the riders.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bandits said:

Funny how they happen for a few hours immediately after a TT death is announced and after you’ve been criticized for locking TT threads to stifle debate 😂😂

If they were to do that they'd block access to the forum as a whole. Yesterday you could still view the last posts on the Active Threads list, which a conspirator would also want quietened.

There may be good reasons not to discuss the granular detail of the mistaken identity, but it's being used to try to stop discussion on issues around the organiser's poor communication on the matter, or whether the TT in general or sidecars participation. Even the TT organiser's press release, which didn't include an apology or regret that the mix-up happened, found room for a request not to speculate. It feels like the wish is to dampen down discussion until a report is released long after off-Island media are looking elsewhere.

Coming after the attempts to delay the publication of the PAC evidence prior to the election and the questionable sub judice ruling on Dr Ranson's tribunal I worry this is becoming a government strategy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Declan said:

There may be good reasons not to discuss the granular detail of the mistaken identity, but it's being used to try to stop discussion on issues around the organiser's poor communication on the matter, or whether the TT in general or sidecars participation. Even the TT organiser's press release, which didn't include an apology or regret that the mix-up happened, found room for a request not to speculate. It feels like the wish is to dampen down discussion until a report is released long after off-Island media are looking elsewhere.

It’s being used to stop any form of debate. Then you get the actual moderators on a forum making accusations of posters being conspiracy theorists to attempt to directly discredit and bully posters who are prepared to question things. There is no doubt that this forum has been lent on and is actively attempting to tow the government line despite some truly horrific events happening which many people are fully aware of. You presume part of this is the fact that some off island news agencies have clearly read posts on this forum for information as they haven’t been able to get any from anywhere else. 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

No one has lent on me or the forum.

im not bullying or discrediting an alternative view.

im posting facts to counter conspiracy theories. Two in one post.

We don’t get advised, in advance, by the platform providers, about updates, or glitches. Totally outside our control.

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

Yes, @Banditsis deep down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole. “They” being used as the blanket descriptor of the alleged oppressor/evil/controller/denier of freedom is always a clue.

When asked to identify “they”, and then being shown the identification is wrong, he just blunders on.

The power to invite in para 71 is very rarely and sparingly used. I may not agree with the invitation, but I don’t know the fact matrix. But inquests, coroners inquiries, are really sensitive. I’d hope anyone “invited” would respect the invitation.

And the veiled hints about technical glitches yesterday being caused by this. Laughable crap. There was a major platform upgrade overnight Thursday/Friday. It’s normal for there to be odd glitches immediately after. 

I have reliable alternative facts that @Bandits is a founding member of TTanon. Rather than wearing a horned fur hat and carrying a staff, he wears a dark-visored helmet and carries a red flag. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

I don’t know if it still happens, but there was a time that if you had a property that abounded the course where risk was foreseen, you were asked to sign a disclaimer.

personally my response would have been to ask what the organizers were doing to prevent collateral intrusion into my property in the event of an incident?

had a few done that I suspect we might not have an event today

I know someone who eventually will inherit land adjoining a fair bit of either side of the Course.  They are adamant when the time comes that they will not allow the TT/organisers access to the land to erect appropriate signage etc.  I don't know whether this is feasible or achievable, as I would have thought legislation/agreements etc already exist to allow such signage to be placed on private land, but I don't know.   

I don't think for one minute that everyone who lives on the edge of the Course will be TT supporters, but it does raise an interesting conundrum, especially with increased property ownership by non-locals who may not like the status quo.

Signing a disclaimer, in my opinion, would effectively be tantamount to accepting personal liability for something over which I would have absolutely no control over whatsoever, and which could be viewed as an abrogation of responsibility by the TT organisers.   

How does the current situation work, or is the 'fingers crossed' principle applied?