TT 2022 ??

Barlow

12 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

I know someone who eventually will inherit land adjoining a fair bit of either side of the Course.  They are adamant when the time comes that they will not allow the TT/organisers access to the land to erect appropriate signage etc.  I don't know whether this is feasible or achievable, as I would have thought legislation/agreements etc already exist to allow such signage to be placed on private land, but I don't know.   

I don't think for one minute that everyone who lives on the edge of the Course will be TT supporters, but it does raise an interesting conundrum, especially with increased property ownership by non-locals who may not like the status quo.

Signing a disclaimer, in my opinion, would effectively be tantamount to accepting personal liability for something over which I would have absolutely no control over whatsoever, and which could be viewed as an abrogation of responsibility by the TT organisers.   

How does the current situation work, or is the 'fingers crossed' principle applied?              

Realistically there is bugger all you can do about this 

A1DE768D-1FC9-4518-8C37-77DADF954918.jpeg

4 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

Mad Sunday is now to go in the latest attempt by civil servants to completely ruin the TT for fans 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/the-last-mad-sunday-major-changes-due-for-2023-tt-549852

In earnestly trying to make things better, maybe there's a huge chunk of reverse psychology going on here?  

We've seen enough evidence recently - and going further back too - to easily persuade us that Isle of Man Government has the Reverse Midas Touch for anything which it involves itself in.  Rather than turning it to gold though, it turns it into shit. 

This could all just be an ingenious ploy by them to end the TT for good, without admitting so, thereby hugely saving face.

I mean, they've not disappointed up to now, have they?

1 hour ago, Bandits said:

It’s being used to stop any form of debate. Then you get the actual moderators on a forum making accusations of posters being conspiracy theorists to attempt to directly discredit and bully posters who are prepared to question things. There is no doubt that this forum has been lent on and is actively attempting to tow the government line despite some truly horrific events happening which many people are fully aware of. You presume part of this is the fact that some off island news agencies have clearly read posts on this forum for information as they haven’t been able to get any from anywhere else. 

Since you keep raising it, could you at least try and spell it correctly? Lent is probably what libraries used to do with books. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Since you keep raising it, could you at least try and spell it correctly? Lent is probably what libraries used to do with books. 

Probably has a lean on his property as well. 

I thought Lent was a time of year when you're supposed to give up chocolate and/or whiskey? 

It’s being used to stop any form of debate. Then you get the actual moderators on a forum making accusations of posters being conspiracy theorists to attempt to directly discredit and bully posters who are prepared to question things. There is no doubt that this forum has been lent on and is actively attempting to tow the government line despite some truly horrific events happening which many people are fully aware of. You presume part of this is the fact that some off island news agencies have clearly read posts on this forum for information as they haven’t been able to get any from anywhere else. 

I don’t believe that. 

What I am saying is the approach seems to be to manage the amount of media and social media discussion about uncomfortable matters. They do that early on - “please don’t speculate” more important than “we regret this bad news”. Then people in those communities, especially those with an agenda, latch on to the request to shut down debate. But it’s not a conspiracy- it’s done in plain sight. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

What a fantastic race & great to see Conor getting another podium, should look spectacular on ITV4 later.

Great advertising for IOM

As much as I'm a massive Davey Todd fan, I can't help but cheer for the local lad.

• Like 1

Nobody’s leaning on anyone here. Take your tinfoil hat off and maybe go outside for a bit. Jesus Christ.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 0bserver said:

There's no overall conspiracy to silence people. 

But what does exist is an unwillingness among the media, NPM and politicos to talk about the dark side of the TT. 

Because it's only dark in the eyes of the naysayers. 

Everyone else gets on with it. People die every day of the year and this week some more died too. They weren't murdered, there's no dark agenda at play here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1