TT 2022 ??

Barlow

1 minute ago, Markduc said:

Well this thread has sunk to new lows trying to drag race and gender into it 

you forgot to mention people with a disability tho shame on you. Tut tut

Agreed low quality- as a confirmed anti TT person this “Gammon” commenting is poor.

FYI - lovely bloke from Ballaugh Chris Mitchell did 100mph average in the MGP with one arm - think about that 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

FYI - lovely bloke from Ballaugh Chris Mitchell did 100mph average in the MGP with one arm - think about that 

The guy who got clocked in Sulby at 110 mph on normal roads last week only had one leg. Apparently he’s been dining out on it all week. 

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

I did wonder when "wokeness" would be brought into this.  The TT must be one of the most anti-woke events in the world.

Woke is nebulous though - it's whatever the particular ranting middle-aged wants it to be. I nearly started denouncing wokeness today because a menu mentioned "avo". Really though "anti-TT" sentiment is more "elf n safety gorn mad" situation.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

The guy who got clocked in Sulby at 110 mph on normal roads last week only had one leg. Apparently he’s been dining out on it all week. 

Did the police say to him come on son just admit it cos you haven't got a leg to stand on.

• Haha 2

Far too many pigeons been murdered this week, will be interesting to see if this gets followed up.

https://www.gov.im/media/1363689/wildlife-act-1990.pdf

1 Protection of wild birds, their nests and eggs [P1981/69/1] (1) Subject to the provisions of this Part, if any person intentionally or recklessly — (a) kills, injures or takes any wild bird; (b) takes, damages or destroys the nest of any wild bird while that nest is in use or being built; or (c) takes or destroys an egg of any wild bird, he shall be guilty of an offence.

25 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Agreed low quality- as a confirmed anti TT person this “Gammon” commenting is poor.

Robert McCrum back in the day, too.

poMlFhq.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HiVibes said:

Far too many pigeons been murdered this week, will be interesting to see if this gets followed up.

https://www.gov.im/media/1363689/wildlife-act-1990.pdf

1 Protection of wild birds, their nests and eggs [P1981/69/1] (1) Subject to the provisions of this Part, if any person intentionally or recklessly — (a) kills, injures or takes any wild bird; (b) takes, damages or destroys the nest of any wild bird while that nest is in use or being built; or (c) takes or destroys an egg of any wild bird, he shall be guilty of an offence.

I suppose we had to get to the most ridiculous TT opposition at some point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Declan said:

Woke is nebulous though - it's whatever the particular ranting middle-aged wants it to be. I nearly started denouncing wokeness today because a menu mentioned "avo". Really though "anti-TT" sentiment is more "elf n safety gorn mad" situation.

Is it elf and safety gone mad or do some people think they can stop someone doing something they don’t agree with because it offends them 

6 minutes ago, Markduc said:

Is it elf and safety gone mad or do some people think they can stop someone doing something they don’t agree with because it offends them 

"Woke" is made up bollocks to sell Murdoch rags. A lot of the opposition to the TT is people concern trolling over the safety when they actually want it banned because they don't like it and it inconveniences them.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

I know there's a cost of living crisis, but seems extreme.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

''Ranting Middle Aged''???

I'm playing the Age Card on you you cheeky young Pup. By Pup, I don't mean you are a young Dog, unless you want to be that is and cheeky might imply that you are childish but that was not my intention, you can, of course, be as childish as you like, it's your right.

Oh, to hell with this, you're a cheeky Bastard, cancel me!!!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HeliX said:

"Woke" is made up bollocks to sell Murdoch rags. A lot of the opposition to the TT is people concern trolling over the safety when they actually want it banned because they don't like it and it inconveniences them.

Yes that’s what I was sort of saying, killjoys is another way of putting it

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HeliX said:

A lot of the opposition to the TT is people concern trolling over the safety when they actually want it banned because they don't like it and it inconveniences them.

To be fair it’s more complicated than that. I’ve had a few beers this afternoon with a good few locals and the general consensus seems to be: I have a love/hate relationship with the TT. At the moment I’m really angry about the senseless loss of life. I always think I’ll come round again by next year. But this year it’s really hit home. Its had nothing to do with being inconvenienced by anything from what I can see. It’s a real moral dilemma. Perhaps more pronounced after 2 years of Covid where preserving human life was said to be the number one priority for us all.

Edited by Steady Eddie
Additions.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1