TT 2022 ??

Barlow

3 hours ago, Itsmeee said:

Carl Cox, team owner, is black (please don’t say ‘coloured’)

Not quite related to the discussion but one of my favourite moments of the week was Michael Dunlop finishing the race not knowing if he was 1st or 2nd, then the press wanted a photo of Michael so Carl quickly ducks out the way but they call him back over, you can see by his body language he thinks Micheal Dunlop should be centre stage not him, then there is a little chat afterwards with Carl and he says Michael has done all the work and deserves all the credit. Fair play I thought, Carl really comes across as a really nice humble guy.

Then we see each win for Hicky, he’s always humble, always thanks everyone else for their efforts, but then when it comes round to the photos Richard Rawlings was always centre stage, trademark whooping and when asked his thoughts he just said he wanted to do it in 2017* but a deal couldn’t be reached ( I can’t remember year exactly), very little about the racing or Hickman and just gave the impression he was milking the situation for all it was worth.

Gas Monkey was by far one of the best liveries this year but I couldn’t support someone who comes across so arrogant, I appreciate I’m in the minority, there were certainly plenty of people walking round in Gas Monkey merchandise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

So far as I'm aware people died. Nobody was "killed".

Pure spin. People die in wars too, are none of then killed for a cause?

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Pure spin. People die in wars too, are none of then killed for a cause?

And claiming that people are "being killed" for our exchequer is not spin right? Nobody is going round killing TT riders. Some of them are sadly dying as a result of crashing during TT practices/races.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Then we see each win for Hicky, he’s always humble, always thanks everyone else for their efforts, but then when it comes round to the photos Richard Rawlings was always centre stage, trademark whooping and when asked his thoughts he just said he wanted to do it in 2017* but a deal couldn’t be reached ( I can’t remember year exactly), very little about the racing or Hickman and just gave the impression he was milking the situation for all it was worth.

Gas Monkey was by far one of the best liveries this year but I couldn’t support someone who comes across so arrogant, I appreciate I’m in the minority, there were certainly plenty of people walking round in Gas Monkey merchandise.

American culture though, brash (by our standards), OTT and hogging the limelight. But bringing the money with it which is why it's welcomed.

And Gas Monkey will also make a killing in merchandise sales on the back of this year's success, the leading teams always do.

Just now, HeliX said:

And claiming that people are "being killed" for our exchequer is not spin right? Nobody is going round killing TT riders. Some of them are sadly dying as a result of crashing during TT practices/races.

It's phraseology. Using the term to suit the occasion. "People are killed" may not be suitable for the narrative. "People die" may sound better.

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

It's phraseology. Using the term to suit the occasion. "People are killed" may not be suitable for the narrative. "People die" may sound better.

"Being killed" is certainly daft. Which is why I suggested an alternative.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kopek said:

They were killed by you Helix in  your pursuit of an entertainment for Saturday afternoon!!

Bit extreme I know but when I watch 4 wheel racing, I don't expect any one to be killed?

They are not entering the TT for my benefit. If I had died two weeks ago none of them would have pulled out. They enter the TT because they love racing the TT, and I have no interests in stopping them. I do have interests in making the TT safer. Not by bringing it to a halt, though.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

He sort of has a point though. Do we have any coloured never mind LGBTQ+ or otherwise gender diverse TT riders? It does seem to comprise largely of stereotypical heterosexual white men some of whom have even been exposed as wife beaters. 

You've not heard of Michelle Duff then, four TT podiums and a World Championship Grand Prix win. I spoke with her some years ago at TT, '07, '08, maybe, when she participated in a parade lap.

• Like 2