TT 2022 ??

Barlow

9 hours ago, HeliX said:

Oh I meant here/social media really. Most people in a real conversation aren't playing games.

I don’t know why anyone would think that people who don’t agree with the consensus TT narrative on social media are playing games. I’d wager that they aren’t and that is exactly what people think. I’ve been party to a lot that has gone on in the last week and spoken to a lot of people and believe me there are many Manx people seriously questioning their views on the TT after the absolute horror and carnage of the last week. To suggest some of those are playing games on social media is quite insulting really. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

It would be great to see some of these boys retire now and live to enjoy their achievements. I'd get more out of seeing the likes of McGuinness pack it in than watching him throw his leg over the bike again. He's already passed into T.T. history and legend. Let's all just enjoy that and have those wonderful memories. Just stay off the bike. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It would be great to see some of these boys retire now and live to enjoy their achievements. I'd get more out of seeing the likes of McGuinness pack it in than watching him throw his leg over the bike again. He's already passed into T.T. history and legend. Let's all just enjoy that and have those wonderful memories. Just stay off the bike. 

he was the mobile chicane making up numbers this year in his capacity as big name crowd gatherer.

14 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

There have been female TT racers for years.  Maria Costello MBE probably being the most famous but there was also Jenny Tinmouth and of course Beryl Swain.

Isle of Man TT: Meet the women who dare (from 2014)

Nice little video. Includes a bit about Beryl Swain, the first in 1962. She was banned the next year due misogynistic attitudes prevalent at the time. "Slowly but surely women, the weaker sex, are muscling in on man's domain". 

I've not seen any mention this year of Julie Canipa, local sidecar passenger. In 2018 she won the Susan Jenness Trophy for Most Meritorious Female. Does anyone know if she raced this year? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zarley said:

I've not seen any mention this year of Julie Canipa, local sidecar passenger. In 2018 she won the Susan Jenness Trophy for Most Meritorious Female. Does anyone know if she raced this year? 

i'm sure we'd have heard about it if a local woman was in the TT sidecars this year so i'd guess she wasn't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Youaintseenme said:

He’s right

All this nonsense talk of carnage at the TT needs to be realigned to carnage in the sidecar races.

It pretty simple go look back at this years event without the sidecars and see that it was a great event.

Easy fix.  Sack them off and make more track time available for the event that people are actually interested in.

what about all the years where solo's made up the death toll and sidecars were fatality free ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WTF said:

he was the mobile chicane making up numbers this year in his capacity as big name crowd gatherer.

The time for John to retire will be when he hasn’t got the backing of a big factory team like Honda UK, until then why wouldn’t he race? He’s still putting in respectable times that many other riders could only dream of.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

All this nonsense talk of carnage at the TT needs to be realigned to carnage in the sidecar races.

There were two serious incidents in Solos and sidecars.  With two people per machine in the sidecars the casualties are unfortunately higher.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

He’s right

It pretty simple go look back at this years event without the sidecars and see that it was a great event.

Easy fix.  Sack them off and make more track time available for the event that people are actually interested in.

Classic spin. 

nothing to see here. Shush, say it quietly but only 2 dead in the solo’s. If those pesky sidecars killing 3 people, we’d have got away with it. 

so a triumphant TT all round, only 2 dead. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, WTF said:

i'm sure we'd have heard about it if a local woman was in the TT sidecars this year so i'd guess she wasn't.

Julie Canipa posted this on Facebook a few weeks ago.

I can't believe I'm actually writing this but after my 2 1/2 years absence from racing, I was finally looking forward to getting back in the chair along side Michael Russell in preparation for this years TT.
Unfortunately it wasnt until I got back in the chair I realised that this isn't what I want to do anymore, my passion had gone. If your heart is not in this dangerous sport that you once loved so much then it's time to call it a day.
I'm sorry that I let Michael down but he was very understanding of my decision.
I hope that Michael can find another passenger as he's a really great guy!
I would just like to say a " massive thank you" to everyone who has supported me throughout my racing career. I've loved every minute of it!
Bye for now!👍😁🇮🇲
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

I’m not sure Davy Morgan would agree with that assessment. If he were now alive of course. 

2 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

Liam Beckett the BBC Sports Pundit just on BBC News this morning calling for sidecars to be banned from the TT. 

5 minutes ago, WTF said:

what about all the years where solo's made up the death toll and sidecars were fatality free ?

The trouble with sidecars is that there are always two casualties and a lot more debris flying about. They tend to be less reliable due to the strain of pulling an extra wheel and rider around and looking at their stability, this year in particular, it appears that they are on a fine line between being on the track and off it? 

I love the sidecars, they are more technically interesting than the showroom solo classes and I like the teamwork and speeds achieved. I just don't know how long they can be fired down Bray Hill in the hope that they will emerge at Quarterbridge? This may be a reaction to the horror of what has happened, but something has caused two machines to have identical accidents. Until we are sure that it can't happen again, I don't see how they can carry on?

• Like 5