TT 2022 ??

Barlow

28 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Some of it a bit melodramatic but facts as you say.

I know Max - I am aware of your background (saw you in Telly onITV4 too) I went down QB Road earlier and it looks horrendous - sarcastic posts and banter aside it should just stop now - as a spectacle it’s excellent but it can never improve death wise without making it slower - and nobody will come

Economy wise it’s a myth - the Island loses money 

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
  • Thanks 1

When the sidecars went F2 in 1990 they were lucky to lap at 100mph average. The then new 600s in particular were gutless, asthmatic things.

Since then we've passed the point that they were deemed too fast in the first place (108mph) and development and this obsession with lap records has pushed them to 120mph and there's equations to show that that's a huge leap in speed.

But the basic layout and one man clinging on hasn't changed. Are they just too fast now for the TT course, for what they are?

22 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

I’ll bite

That might be so. I honestly don’t know.

it is however undeniable that a lot of the businesses that add to our quality of life through the year wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for TT.

My local pub is empty most of the time it is open and only busy Friday and Saturday nights or when there is darts league or football on the TV.

This last couple of weeks we haven’t even bothered going because we can’t get in.  They have made a packet which will allow them to ride out the rest of the year.

The takeaways nearby are the same, as are the restaurants.

Taxis make a packet.  Hotels. Events businesses. Various shops.

Take the TT away and when all these places close the island becomes a place with even less facilities than we already have.

I did a blast over the mountain today on the bike with the Mrs on the back.  I get a feeling a lot on here would strongly disapprove.  I think a lot posting on here also wouldn’t miss the pubs, clubs and restaurants that we would lose of the event ceased to be.  They might however miss the Drs, nurses, police and thousands of others who would bail out if our limited entertainment industry was reduced anymore.

The TT should continue until such point as they can’t fill the classes.  Let the competitors decide.

I have just had the best two weeks I have had for years.  Great fun, great sport, much food and drink, meeting old friends and making new ones.  

Totally agree & I wish the constant whiners would just leave it up to the racers to decide if they wish to participate & from what I’ve heard they all wish to continue.

Why do people think they can dictate to others that they must do what they consider is the best option?

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

Totally agree & I wish the constant whiners would just leave it up to the racers to decide if they wish to participate & from what I’ve heard they all wish to continue.

Why do people think they can dictate to others that they must do what they consider is the best option?

Maybe because it's their tax payments which are supporting the event?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Twitch said:

Maybe because it's their tax payments which are supporting the event?

Well take it up with the MHKS then!! Obviously the money is being spent for the overall good of the Island & I think a poll of residents would be well in favour of continuing TT 

Im Pro TT, but would it be dumb to suggest its time the sidecars had their TT at the Billown course only?  To me its more suitable for the outfits as they are now.The Island had the Clypse course before and the old pics look great to me.The South of the Island would get  a couple of big days too..i for one would enjoy the racing just as much.

Edited by Ďouglas Peel
Spelling
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ďouglas Peel said:

Im Pro TT, but would it be dumb to suggest its time the sidecars had their TT at the Billown course only?  To me its more suitable for the outfits as they are now.The Island had the Clypse course before and the old pics look great to me.The South of the Island would get  a couple of big days too..i for one would enjoy the racing just as much.

Pretty much every the exact same line up of competitors already have a sidecar race in the South of the Island. It’s called the Southern 100. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

So having let the dust settle let’s put some fact into the Greatest show on Earth.

5 people are dead

2 are critical in hospital 

Questions over suitability of works to QB Road

Homeowners offered grief counselling 

Footballs on Bray Hill

Helmets at the Creg

Cars videoed going the wrong way down the mountain 

Spectators hit by debris at Signpost and other one treated for fractures following Agos 2

Wrong dead person announced 

Rob posting twice yes fucking twice with celebs awaiting a death announcement 

Greatest show on earth 

Everything posted above is fact 

you need to include all the freshly painted white lines on the TT course and weather they  are to  thickness  specification  and proper anti skid , some riders have been complaining about them and the lack of adhesion all week ,

1 hour ago, Youaintseenme said:

I’ll bite

That might be so. I honestly don’t know.

it is however undeniable that a lot of the businesses that add to our quality of life through the year wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for TT.

My local pub is empty most of the time it is open and only busy Friday and Saturday nights or when there is darts league or football on the TV.

This last couple of weeks we haven’t even bothered going because we can’t get in.  They have made a packet which will allow them to ride out the rest of the year.

The takeaways nearby are the same, as are the restaurants.

Taxis make a packet.  Hotels. Events businesses. Various shops.

Take the TT away and when all these places close the island becomes a place with even less facilities than we already have.

I did a blast over the mountain today on the bike with the Mrs on the back.  I get a feeling a lot on here would strongly disapprove.  I think a lot posting on here also wouldn’t miss the pubs, clubs and restaurants that we would lose of the event ceased to be.  They might however miss the Drs, nurses, police and thousands of others who would bail out if our limited entertainment industry was reduced anymore.

The TT should continue until such point as they can’t fill the classes.  Let the competitors decide.

I have just had the best two weeks I have had for years.  Great fun, great sport, much food and drink, meeting old friends and making new ones.  

Burgers and pints ahead of life - ok

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ďouglas Peel said:

sidecar competitors have died down there too.  a couple of locals in there too.

17 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Pretty much every the exact same line up of competitors already have a sidecar race in the South of the Island. It’s called the Southern 100. 

The Southern 100 ive seen most years since 1998 the outfits in 2016 numbered 19...this years TT entry was 40 inc 4 French and one Irish crew.