TT 2022 ??

Barlow

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Totally agree & I wish the constant whiners would just leave it up to the racers to decide if they wish to participate & from what I’ve heard they all wish to continue.

Why do people think they can dictate to others that they must do what they consider is the best option?

But it's not up to the racers is it. Whilst I am certainly not anti TT, the racers don't fund it. They are stakeholders of course, but if it was left just to the racers it wouldn't happen. Someone has to fund it and organise it. Its an all island decision, not just the sma handful who ride it. 

You are being naive. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Here’s one for you.

Take the TT away and I guarantee at least one death from suicide or stress from a business that fails.

How does that one sit with you?

Presumably the same way 5+ deaths from 'the races' sit with you? 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ďouglas Peel said:

The Southern 100 ive seen most years since 1998 the outfits in 2016 numbered 19...this years TT entry was 40 inc 4 French and one Irish crew. 

The sharp end of the grid, next month, will be more or less identical to the TT. There were both French and Irish crews in the line-up in 2019.

There is a maximum field size for both solos and sidecars at Billown. @Max Power may be able to fill in the specific numbers for us, but the sidecar figure will be well below 40, and may only be 20. That wouldn't change of you called the race the "Sidecar TT".

10 minutes ago, Nellie said:

The sharp end of the grid, next month, will be more or less identical to the TT. There were both French and Irish crews in the line-up in 2019.

a big difference though is one is a mass start and the other isn't 

2 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

That would be awful.

However those people would have known for a long time that their family member was involved in a high risk activity and so should probably be prepared for the worst.

The poor mum/wife who lost hers son and husband this week had chosen to marry and have children with a man who was a TT racer before they met.

As harsh as it sounds she knew what she was getting involved in and presumably supported the son in getting involved as well.

They died doing what they loved and with a father/son bond that most of us can only ever dream of.

I get that you don’t get it

#they died doing what they loved- absolute cop out apologist easiest first excuse to hand.

They may have been doing something they enjoyed but did the mother enjoy taking down the tent, packing her husband’s and sons kit away to leave the Island that the core of her family was taken from her in a 150mph pile of guts into a concrete wall.

Facts are facts 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nellie said:

There is a maximum field size for both solos and sidecars at Billown. @Max Power may be able to fill in the specific numbers for us, but the sidecar figure will be well below 40, and may only be 20. That wouldn't change of you called the race the "Sidecar TT".

I'm not sure of the exact numbers either Nellie but I think you are right with around 20ish for sidecars and maybe 30 for solos. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Have you any evidence of that ever happening by the way?

The friends I have lost on the roads had family who understood.

I have never seen a family member after a bereavement ask for the event to be stopped.

Have you?

Sadly yes I have. And I've seen the destruction it wreaked on that family in other ways too. 

You will probably ask me who the rider was. I will not be naming anyone. 

I suspect you don't see many speaking out as they would only get shouted down. 

1 minute ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

#they died doing what they loved- absolute cop out apologist easiest first excuse to hand.

They may have been doing something they enjoyed but did the mother enjoy taking down the tent, packing her husband’s and sons kit away to leave the Island that the core of her family was taken from her in a 150mph pile of guts into a concrete wall.

Facts are facts 

Of course facts are facts, and the "they died doing what they loved" is not an excuse, it's what family and friends use to comfort themselves in the face of those facts. You can't take that away by calling those who use the term "apologists" because you are being insulting to those bereaved. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

It’s a shame that didn’t translate to AIDS patients the same many years ago. Well he died doing what he loved. Sticking it up someone’s else’s hoop. Some deaths from high risk lifestyles are clearly more valid than others. 

• Confused 2