TT 2022 ??

Barlow

2 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Facts are facts

She chose to marry and have children with someone who took part in a high risk activity.  That is more than likely part of what attacked her to him.

She made that decision.  

I feel victim blaming is a twist I was not expecting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Blaming? 😂😂

Grow up.  It isn’t blaming, it basic understanding of risk.

Personally I wouldn’t develop a relationship with someone who took part in a very high risk activity because I would prefer not to be left on my own.

You literally said it was their choice...

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

If you look at the list, 3 of the 10 deaths on the Billown Circuit since 2000 are shown as sidecar passengers (and 4 of the 10 were local).  I wonder if the Course may be even more dangerous to them because so much of it is stone walling.

It's pretty much four miles of stone walls start to finish.

• Like 1

Just now, Youaintseenme said:

It was.  She made a choice that I wouldn’t have made.

The fact that he loves the damaged and speed is probably part of what attracted her to him.

She also knew that with that came an increased chance of them Not living out their later years together.

I don’t see why part of that you can dispute?

People's personality and lives can be far more complex than just liking to ride motorbikes really fast. Reducing it down to that is a massive oversimplification of life. 

• Like 1

TBH, I don't think we can assess somebody else's risk assessment and tolerance.  Nor can you say that they, both rider and family,  understood the risks so it  is all acceptable.  

What the organisers can, must, do is look at the manageable risks and, well, manage them.  If having done that people still want to participate then that is up to them, really.  The big question in my mind is have some manageable risks been not been identified,  ignored or downplayed?

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

#they died doing what they loved- absolute cop out apologist easiest first excuse to hand.

They may have been doing something they enjoyed but did the mother enjoy taking down the tent, packing her husband’s and sons kit away to leave the Island that the core of her family was taken from her in a 150mph pile of guts into a concrete wall.

Facts are facts 

I refer you to the link I posted earlier 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motogp/2022/06/11/bereaved-families-rejecting-calls-isle-man-tt-banned/

Edited by kevster

27 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

It’s a shame that didn’t translate to AIDS patients the same many years ago. Well he died doing what he loved. Sticking it up someone’s else’s hoop. Some deaths from high risk lifestyles are clearly more valid than others. 

Frame this for reference if anyone needs a sense check.

If anyone has a moment of self doubt reference the above,

You will always be a level above 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Frame this for reference if anyone needs a sense check.

If anyone has a moment of self doubt reference the above,

You will always be a level above 

That was one of the most abhorrent posts I have seen for a long while.  If that is meant to be a post to support the TT, the argument is lost. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

The poor mum/wife who lost hers son and husband this week had chosen to marry and have children with a man who was a TT racer before they met.

As harsh as it sounds she knew what she was getting involved in and presumably supported the son in getting involved as well.

They died doing what they loved and with a father/son bond that most of us can only ever dream of.

I’ve seen a few lads with broken bones from motorcycle injuries. The parental reaction is almost always the same:

Dad - “when is he ok to race again”

Mum - “He’d better not ride for a while/ever again, don’t you think doc?”

Am I guilty of gender stereotyping? Probably, but in my experience the mothers hate seeing their little boys with even minor injuries. Being killed at the same time as the dad is unimaginable, and certainly not something she will have ‘signed up to’ all those years ago. More likely resigned to it, and spending every race in a cold sweat praying they make it back. 

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

That was one of the most abhorrent posts I have seen for a long while.  If that is meant to be a post to support the TT, the argument is lost. 

It was quite a jaw-dropper. I’m not sure if he was supporting TT, banning it, or just making a stupid point comparing high risk sexual activity with riding motorbikes. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

There are so many abhorrent posts on here glossing over death as a spectator sport. Why so squeamish about what is clearly an attempt to highlight the absurd. We should clearly applaud all those who undertake life limiting high risk activities that are highly likely to result in a painful death. 

• Confused 1