TT 2022 ??

Barlow

1 minute ago, wrighty said:

It was quite a jaw-dropper. I’m not sure if he was supporting TT, banning it, or just making a stupid point comparing high risk sexual activity with riding motorbikes. 

No, neither was I, apart from deciding homosexuality was a lifestyle choice. 

Just now, Steady Eddie said:

As is being a TT rider. 

How have you so staggeringly missed the point? Being gay isn't a choice. The homophobic treatment of people with AIDS in the recent past has nothing to do with the TT. It was almost the stupidest post in this thread, after the one about banning the TT for recklessly endangering pigeons.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

How have you so staggeringly missed the point? Being gay isn't a choice. The homophobic treatment of people with AIDS in the recent past has nothing to do with the TT. It was almost the stupidest post in this thread, after the one about banning the TT for recklessly endangering pigeons.

Indeed, and the dreadful treatment of gays during the AIDS epidemic arose mostly because people thought they were choosing to be gay.

Fucking hell. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I don’t think I have missed the point at all. As for the stupidest post in this thread. That would likely be yours. A sad little woke man who seems to have spent the whole week literally crying and stamping your feet about your future death based personal entertainment possibly being taken away from you. No doubt if you lived in Roman times you’d be campaigning to ensure that gladiators were potentially still eaten by lions. It’s what they would have wanted after all. 

Edited by Steady Eddie
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

I don’t think I have missed the point at all. As for the stupidest post in this thread. That would likely be yours. A sad little woke man who seems to have spent the whole week literally crying and stamping your feet about your future death based personal entertainment possibly being taken away from you. No doubt if you lived in Roman times you’d be campaigning to ensure that gladiators were no longer potentially eaten by lions. 

Not only have you misunderstood homosexuality (no choice), but you also misunderstand gladiators (no choice). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

A sad little woke man who seems to have spent the whole week literally crying and stamping your feet about your future death based personal entertainment possibly being taken away from you.

I'll have you know I'm 6'3.

16 minutes ago, HeliX said:

The pigeon one was a joke, wasn’t it?

4 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

Choices in both 1 celibate 2 be killed

Celibacy doesn't 'cure' homosexuality and once the origins of AIDS was known, most homosexuals practiced safe sex.  Gladiators were invariably slaves who would die either way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wrighty said:

The pigeon one was a joke, wasn’t it?

Jokes don’t go down too well on here. It seems to be getting so very woke. It doesn’t seem to be about little else but who cries first and loudest about being outraged by something that was said by someone else. Even if it was a joke or an extreme example to provoke a response. Best avoided really.