TT 2022 ??

Barlow

7 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

Not really. The blurb in the article talks about learning from each 'accident', that can only be done with proper analysis as is done by the police on the public highway. 

If that were to manifest in real life it would mean no more chucking bodies under tarps in people's front gardens.

That's not happened for about twenty years anyway, since the Swedish guy lost his way in Kirk Michael.

2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

I suspect the insurers will have had a massive influence on this, but to have an expert in aviation safety and a world authority in pre-hospital Care lead this is a once in a generation opportunity. And them both being Manx has ensured they have been listened to. Many others have banged on about these issues and never been listened to. 

They just need to sort out safety on the open roads now, and we’ve cracked it.

https://www.iomttraces.com/latest/features/better-safe-than-sorry/

Lets hope so, they will get it stopped too.

50 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It's a bit late for safety once that's happened.

Seriously Max, you are a good poster and you come across as being intelligent. BUT 🙂

Improving safety, anywhere, in any circumstance, always should take into account how it can be improved using accidents, old and recent,  to lead that improvement.

For example when that F1 driver was killed by hitting a fork lift on the circuit picking up another crashed car, F1 introduced new rules to stop this happening again. They stopped forklifts being on the course at the same time as cars even if they are under yellow flags.

The TT for a simple fix could at least remove all the sheep fencing on the mountain at the side of the road that has a tendency to remove riders heads, quite cleanly i give you, and my late Father witnessed this. fyi removing heads is a French thing, we should not still be doing it.

Another simple fix would be installing proper crash barriers at known points on the course where accidents happen. Putting a few sheets of fuck1ng plywood in these places not only shows a lack of understanding of crash impact dynamics but also  I would put a liability on the organisers for such half arsed measures.

While I am trying to save life, do not ever let schoolchildren on the pit straight work any type of "scoreboard" which while I am on a blast 🙂 seems a totally stupid name for a display that does not show "Scores" only positions.

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

Another simple fix would be installing proper crash barriers at known points on the course where accidents happen. Putting a few sheets of fuck1ng plywood in these places not only shows a lack of understanding of crash impact dynamics but also  I would put a liability on the organisers for such half arsed measures.

I think you are misunderstanding what the plywood is meant to do. It has nothing to do with absorbing impact but is positioned in places where a rider or machine can be deflected down the course rather than into a position of sudden stop. That’s how I see it from where it is positioned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

Seriously Max, you are a good poster and you come across as being intelligent. BUT 🙂

Improving safety, anywhere, in any circumstance, always should take into account how it can be improved using accidents, old and recent,  to lead that improvement.

For example when that F1 driver was killed by hitting a fork lift on the circuit picking up another crashed car, F1 introduced new rules to stop this happening again. They stopped forklifts being on the course at the same time as cars even if they are under yellow flags.

The TT for a simple fix could at least remove all the sheep fencing on the mountain at the side of the road that has a tendency to remove riders heads, quite cleanly i give you, and my late Father witnessed this. fyi removing heads is a French thing, we should not still be doing it.

While I am trying to save life, do not ever let schoolchildren on the pit straight work any type of "scoreboard" which while I am on a blast 🙂 seems a totally stupid name for a display that does not show "Scores" only positions.

I agree with you, I was only pointing out that the aftermath is too late to be considering arrangements for the removal of a body, or even if the event should continue. 

13 hours ago, joebean said:

I think you are misunderstanding what the plywood is meant to do. It has nothing to do with absorbing impact but is positioned in places where a rider or machine can be deflected down the course rather than into a position of sudden stop. That’s how I see it from where it is positioned. 

a good example of which is where milky took a bad tumble at ballaspur.  it is also painted white so easier to see.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Apart from the Doctor and Rob there seems a lack of certainty being expressed by other Ministers as to whether it will happen.

I think it will be cancelled with the aim of a Classic TT/FOM/MGP taking place two months later, which gives IOMG and others time.

• Confused 1