TT 2022 ??

Barlow

8 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

"Isle of Man TT: Event organisers launch 'comprehensive investigative process' into deaths":

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/61788300

Will they publish the report?

ACU Events Ltd says the investigations will "systematically analyse every aspect of these incidents using established root cause methodology".

Are their so-called 'established' methodologies up to the task? One of them wasn't this time last week.

Perhaps they review should be "Is the ACU a fit, proper, and confident  organisation to be holding such high risk events?"

Edited by 0bserver
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

ACU Events Ltd says the investigations will "systematically analyse every aspect of these incidents using established root cause methodology".

Are their so-called 'established' methodologies up to the task? 

Clearly you don't understand root cause analysis.  It's a very clear and trusted methodology used by HSE professionals all over the world.

1 minute ago, manxman1980 said:

Clearly you don't understand root cause analysis.  It's a very clear and trusted methodology used by HSE professionals all over the world.

The point you're missing is that it should be an independent review. There's potential for people to mark their own homework when it's done in-house. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

The ACU will have their own 'expert' and be able to call on outsiders for advice. Just as with any motorsports body.  Whether they publish the results is another matter. If they make changes to specs of the formula, they will have to be public.

The Coroners report could be more supportive of your arguments for curtailing the events.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/statement-issued-over-tt-piracy-streams/

I am not surprised. I wont state where i work as im not allowed to but i have been in regular contact with visitors from the island and they are all really quite unhappy with how things are now. One only a few minutes ago one that is staying a little bit longer said to me:

“It’s too much about money and ripping people off now. It always has been but everything now costs and costs dearly. Even spectating on the better spots around the course now costs for each and every race sometimes £5-10. It used to be a lot better over here. Still cost money but there was more freedom and more to do. For the first TT since Covid its a pretty poor show.”

I have to agree. The fair wasn’t allowed. Mad Sunday is ending. Any merchandise or even the possibility of street vendors is now tied up in regulation and licences. Big named acts at big named prices. I saw one guy in his garden just before TT, won’t name where, building a small spectating scaffold thing with a sign attached to it saying something like “£7.50 viewing, £2.50 toilet use”. Peel day was apparently a huge joke. Some newer visitors even asked me what the prices were like with the Steam Packet the rest of the year and were disgusted when they found out. Some complaining that there was no real race coverage and they would have to pay even more money just to hear commentary via the app. Others complaining that the app half the time didn’t even work as the video kept cutting out. Other complaints were regarding the view from the helicopter stating that half the time you had no idea who was racing.

While i get that the TT makes the island a lot of money they need to start looking at what actually needs improving instead of the organiser meetings being “How can we milk them for even more money”.

Some of my ideas would be….

Bring back the much talked about legendary street party.

Give more freedom to vendors and merch resellers rather than having all contracts tied up with that guy at the grandstand. Let motorcycle parts and merch vendors come over and setup shop somewhere for example.

Allow audio commentary for the TT to be free and just charge for the streaming video.

Have some big named acts perform free of charge in a larger arena such as the villa with Bushys on hand rather than the 1886 nonsense.

See if any quad bike companies want to setup on Douglas beach for example and let people pay for X amount of time racing round a designated track.

Bring back the fair. Maybe re locate it to nobles park once more and ask if they have more rides they can provide to make it bigger and better than ever.

Idk stuff xD It’s difficult but they have to do something. It’s a shadow of its former shadow these days.

Edited by Chie
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Chie said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/statement-issued-over-tt-piracy-streams/

I am not surprised. I wont state where i work as im not allowed to but i have been in regular contact with visitors from the island and they are all really quite unhappy with how things are now. One only a few minutes ago one that is staying a little bit longer said to me:

“It’s too much about money and ripping people off now. It always has been but everything now costs and costs dearly. Even spectating on the better spots around the course now costs for each and every race sometimes £5-10. It used to be a lot better over here. Still cost money but there was more freedom and more to do. For the first TT since Covid its a pretty poor show.”

I have to agree. The fair wasn’t allowed. Mad Sunday is ending. Any merchandise or even the possibility of street vendors is now tied up in regulation and licences. Big named acts at big named prices. I saw one guy in his garden just before TT, won’t name where, building a small spectating scaffold thing with a sign attached to it saying something like “£7.50 viewing, £2.50 toilet use”. Peel day was apparently a huge joke. Some newer visitors even asked me what the prices were like with the Steam Packet the rest of the year and were disgusted when they found out. Some complaining that there was no real race coverage and they would have to pay even more money just to hear commentary via the app. Others complaining that the app half the time didn’t even work as the video kept cutting out. Other complaints were regarding the view from the helicopter stating that half the time you had no idea who was racing.

While i get that the TT makes the island a lot of money they need to start looking at what actually needs improving instead of the organiser meetings being “How can we milk them for even more money”.

Give more freedom to vendors and merch resellers rather than having all contracts tied up with that guy at the grandstand. Let motorcycle parts and merch vendors come over and setup shop somewhere for example.

Allow audio commentary for the TT to be free and just charge for the streaming video.

Have some big named acts perform free of charge in a larger arena such as the villa with Bushys on hand rather than the 1886 nonsense.

See if any quad bike companies want to setup on Douglas beach for example and let people pay for X amount of time racing round a designated track.

Bring back the fair. Maybe re locate it to nobles park once more and ask if they have more rides they can provide to make it bigger and better than ever.

Idk stuff xD It’s difficult but they have to do something. It’s a shadow of its former shadow these days.

Nice ideas BUT It is too broke to fix.

The sooner the gov realise this, the sooner we as taxpayers stop having our hard earned tax wasted on this death fest.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chie said:

Have some big named acts perform free of charge

Audio commentary is free via Manx Radio - available on internet for those living off island

Who do you expect to pay for the big names?

6 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I have to assume anyone who repeats this (and there are a lot of them on FB) has never ridden a motorcycle round the course in TT week, and potentially never a car either.

Whether anyone has or not its a staple of the festival even if it just by name. Doing away with it to the visitors from what they have said seems like one more thing gone. They should keep the name, have racing then afterward the “Mad Sunday Mad Party” somewhere

I listened to commentary for free on my phone via the Manx radio app. 
Nearly every pub on the Island had a band on most nights.  The only places who sold tickets were the Villa and 1886. And Bushy’s had an entrance fee of nearly nothing. 
Every year visitors have moaned about the price of something. They don’t believe us when we say it’s always this expensive. I remember when “Islanders” were accused of putting the price of fuel up to over £1 a litre. Not many believed us when we said it was always that expensive. 
Plus ça change etc…

4 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I listened to commentary for free on my phone via the Manx radio app. 
Nearly every pub on the Island had a band on most nights.  The only places who sold tickets were the Villa and 1886. And Bushy’s had an entrance fee of nearly nothing. 
Every year visitors have moaned about the price of something. They don’t believe us when we say it’s always this expensive. I remember when “Islanders” were accused of putting the price of fuel up to over £1 a litre. Not many believed us when we said it was always that expensive. 
Plus ça change etc…

Didn’t they have a load of free bands on up at the grandstand as well? I fancied watching a couple of them but couldn’t face the bus back (they need to put a toilet on the later buses back to Ramsey! 😣)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Chie said:

Lol, do these people think it doesn't cost anything to put the TT on? 

It's only right they pay for it.

• Like 2