TT 2022 ??

Barlow

11 minutes ago, WTF said:

i was there when both of my parents died , i must be a bit of a hex,  ban parents, ban kids , ban bans.

I understand where you and others are going but if a child witnessed that carnage, a horror show, then it would and could put the fear of god into you and maybe open your eyes. Not a pretty sight.

14 minutes ago, WTF said:

i was there when both of my parents died , i must be a bit of a hex,  ban parents, ban kids , ban bans.

Many people will witness the passing of their parents. But not many people's parents will pass in the brutal manner that the sidecar riders did. 

9 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Many people will witness the passing  death of their parents. But not many people's parents will pass die in the brutal manner that the sidecar riders did. 

What's with this 'passing' bollocks?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Enough to scar someone mentally for life, and also creating a problem later on in life, for the islands mental health service.

There's some leaping of logic there.

On our school bus we saw the immediate aftermath of two road accidents within a few months (Colby Level and Iron Spout). Dead bodies and carnage. The next day was another day. This was 1970s and children hadn't become so precious and precocious.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AOR said:

There's some leaping of logic there.

On our school bus we saw the immediate aftermath of two road accidents within a few months (Colby Level and Iron Spout). Dead bodies and carnage. The next day was another day. This was 1970s and children hadn't become so precious and precocious.

Ah the seventies, when men were men, women knew their place, nonces were national treasures and decapitations were an everyday occurance. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Chie said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/statement-issued-over-tt-piracy-streams/

I am not surprised. I wont state where i work as im not allowed to but i have been in regular contact with visitors from the island and they are all really quite unhappy with how things are now. One only a few minutes ago one that is staying a little bit longer said to me:

“It’s too much about money and ripping people off now. It always has been but everything now costs and costs dearly. Even spectating on the better spots around the course now costs for each and every race sometimes £5-10. It used to be a lot better over here. Still cost money but there was more freedom and more to do. For the first TT since Covid its a pretty poor show.”

I have to agree. The fair wasn’t allowed. Mad Sunday is ending. Any merchandise or even the possibility of street vendors is now tied up in regulation and licences. Big named acts at big named prices. I saw one guy in his garden just before TT, won’t name where, building a small spectating scaffold thing with a sign attached to it saying something like “£7.50 viewing, £2.50 toilet use”. Peel day was apparently a huge joke. Some newer visitors even asked me what the prices were like with the Steam Packet the rest of the year and were disgusted when they found out. Some complaining that there was no real race coverage and they would have to pay even more money just to hear commentary via the app. Others complaining that the app half the time didn’t even work as the video kept cutting out. Other complaints were regarding the view from the helicopter stating that half the time you had no idea who was racing.

While i get that the TT makes the island a lot of money they need to start looking at what actually needs improving instead of the organiser meetings being “How can we milk them for even more money”.

Some of my ideas would be….

Bring back the much talked about legendary street party.

Give more freedom to vendors and merch resellers rather than having all contracts tied up with that guy at the grandstand. Let motorcycle parts and merch vendors come over and setup shop somewhere for example.

Allow audio commentary for the TT to be free and just charge for the streaming video.

Have some big named acts perform free of charge in a larger arena such as the villa with Bushys on hand rather than the 1886 nonsense.

See if any quad bike companies want to setup on Douglas beach for example and let people pay for X amount of time racing round a designated track.

Bring back the fair. Maybe re locate it to nobles park once more and ask if they have more rides they can provide to make it bigger and better than ever.

Idk stuff xD It’s difficult but they have to do something. It’s a shadow of its former shadow these days.

So disillusioned, they've decided to stay an extra few days?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

No idea, but it’s likely a reason people shouldn’t be jumping up and down blaming the organisers until all the facts are out.

Maybe we view this differently, but aren't the race officials, PR Team, the coronor all part of the organising organisation - IOM Government? And that's what's been happening officialdom put out a despicably wrong statement because somewhere in the process officialdom got it wrong and people are critical of officialdom. I don't see people blaming specific individuals just acknowledging that IOM plc messed up big time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Max Power said:

Autosport/Motorsport.com need to show comments are being moderated before publication. 

A person by the name of "Mark" says this,

"Also that there current CoC is the same one that hit Mercer at high speed when going to the scene of Dan Kneen's accident, whilst allegedly and apparently having asked riders to return to the start by going thr ( sic) wrong way round the circuit."

14 minutes ago, milestone 11 said:

Autosport/Motorsport.com need to show comments are being moderated before publication. 

A person by the name of "Mark" says this,

"Also that there current CoC is the same one that hit Mercer at high speed when going to the scene of Dan Kneen's accident, whilst allegedly and apparently having asked riders to return to the start by going thr ( sic) wrong way round the circuit."

But that’s pretty much a reflection of what happened so what would you expect moderation to do? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HiVibes said:

Ah the seventies, when men were men, women knew their place, nonces were national treasures and decapitations were an everyday occurance. 

I think the point is children are a lot more resilient than you think. 

I remember when I was at school, the bus I normally travelled on (I think I had choir practice) crashed and about half the kids were taken to hospital. Lots of stitches and a few broken bones. Next day at school, they wore it like a badge of honour. It is when you are older these things affect you more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HiVibes said:

Again, more leaps of logic.

The point being, I knew every person on that school bus, and over the years have followed many of those lives. No one needed counselling. None were traumatised or suffered PTSD or whatever.

My point was a reaction to @2112 virtual screaming of "won't someone think of the children".

And @HiVibes is able to make a reference to nonces. Is there something you want to tell us? 

• Like 1