TT 2022 ??

Barlow

1 minute ago, Cambon said:

I think the point is children are a lot more resilient than you think. 

I remember when I was at school, the bus I normally travelled on (I think I had choir practice) crashed and about half the kids were taken to hospital. Lots of stitches and a few broken bones. Next day at school, they wore it like a badge of honour. It is when you are older these things affect you more. 

If you did not get touched up by a nonce you weren't there.

4 minutes ago, milestone 11 said:

Has it been made public knowledge that Gary Thompson was the driver of the car involved?

Nothing is ever made public here about anything. Even if the comments are moderated I suppose it would be up to the person concerned to state that they weren’t. 

Edited by Newsdesk

13 hours ago, HiVibes said:

So schools are back, and yesterday kids were asked what they did over the TT holiday, amoungst stories of wonderful family holidays was a normally outgoing primary age child old who sat silent and evasive.

Rumour has it their TT highlight was seeing two riders 'explode' and one get his 'head ripped off'. 

Interesting! I  heard another kid was traumatised because one of his parents had spent the whole holiday thinking how to be a total " knob end"  by posting shit, on the internet.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

How do you know someone got it wrong the story going around is no one is to blame there was a mix up of dog tags …..swapped for good luck apparently, I have heard this from different sources and it would explain the wrong identification.  This story may be complete fiction and not fact but it is going around .   It is not right to speculate but it is also unfair to blame officials responsible until the full facts are known.

24 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

How do you know someone got it wrong the story going around is no one is to blame there was a mix up of dog tags …..swapped for good luck apparently, I have heard this from different sources and it would explain the wrong identification.  This story may be complete fiction and not fact but it is going around .   It is not right to speculate but it is also unfair to blame officials responsible until the full facts are known.

The story I've heard is a little bit different than that. And yes its unstandable how it could happen if the version I heard is true and I believe it is.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

The story I've heard is a little bit different than that. And yes its unstandable how it could happen if the version I heard is true and I believe it is.

If they weren't wearing (for whatever reason) each other's dog tags, I find it difficult to imagine any circumstances* that would reasonably account for the mistaken identity.

*I can imagine circumstances that might make it difficult (or even impossible) within a short timescale to distinguish between the driver and the passenger, but in that case you wouldn't be able to identify at all which of them had been killed and which was still alive.  Until you got dental records or something equally definitive.  Unless the dental records got mixed up...

Why would you question the identification if it was done following correct procedure I.e. dog tags ? Dental records would only come into play if there was doubt or challenge.   There has been too much condemnation and finger pointing without waiting for the facts to be substantiated.    

• Like 2