TT 2022 ??

Barlow

30 minutes ago, Newbie said:

That does happen. It gets announced to the paddock, broadcast on Manx Radio, and within 10 minutes of the incident it was on Manx Radio's news site.

Manx radio went quiet apart from an hour or so of "Prince Philip has died" type music. That was an early warning of what might have happened. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 12:15 PM, Ghost Ship said:

I can fully appreciate and understand the coroner's concerns, but how does all that fit in with the ACU's announcement that they have already launched their own investigation?

Isle of Man TT: Event organisers launch 'comprehensive investigative process' into deaths - BBC Sport

Isn't there a danger that the ACU investigation will contaminate the recollection of witnesses for the coroner?

Which investigation takes precedence?

The fact that the ACU have started this investigation so quickly might suggest - rightly or wrongly - to some that the organisers have a cosy relationship with the coroner...

I think the ACU will be most concerned by the fact that there were two near identical fatal crashes in the same place, accounting for three of the five fatalities. There is much speculation that the new road surface there is the issue.

The thing is, the ACU approved it fit for racing. Is there culpability that the ACU want to suppress? 

At 30 mph a car will not feel much.

At 150 mph a two wheel bike may, and perhaps wont be as affected by (speculation).

At 150 mph a sidecar has a larger area between wheels, and perhaps might be adversely affected by (speculation).

I suggest the road urgently needs surveying by a competent person (Not the DOI). Is it correct?

At a minimum take good pictures of the roadway, both directions.

Better still someone please ask the other sidecars who have been on that section of road since it was resurfaced if they noticed anything.

Too me it is odd that two outfits had near identical accidents. I do not recall another sidecar crash there. Someone pointed out the Higgins incident in a car, similar. Anyone know him to ask. I think he has gone over that section a few times before it was resurfaced.

If the road is good that is fine. If it is not......

2 minutes ago, philwebs said:

I suggest the road urgently needs surveying by a competent person (Not the DOI). Is it correct?

It's a road. Has there been any RTCs there during normal times? 

The bikes/sidecars will just need to slow down or dodge it. 

There's enough money thrown at the beloved TT Course. Bollocks to digging it up yet again. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, philwebs said:

At 30 mph a car will not feel much.

At 150 mph a two wheel bike may, and perhaps wont be as affected by (speculation).

At 150 mph a sidecar has a larger area between wheels, and perhaps might be adversely affected by (speculation).

Better still someone please ask the other sidecars who have been on that section of road since it was resurfaced if they noticed anything.

Too me it is odd that two outfits had near identical accidents. I do not recall another sidecar crash there. Someone pointed out the Higgins incident in a car, similar. Anyone know him to ask. I think he has gone over that section a few times before it was resurfaced.

If the road is good that is fine. If it is not......

Its a road. Get used to it. If the sidecars can't cope with roads bloody well get them off them.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, 0bserver said:

It's a road. Has there been any RTCs there during normal times? 

The bikes/sidecars will just need to slow down or dodge it. 

There's enough money thrown at the beloved TT Course. Bollocks to digging it up yet again. 

You beat me to it. Unbelievable comments from a naïve and deluded soul.

4 hours ago, Newbie said:

That does happen. It gets announced to the paddock, broadcast on Manx Radio, and within 10 minutes of the incident it was on Manx Radio's news site.

what gave the game away that it was serious ,in the second incident 2 separate police vehicles came from  the station  down the course passed the grandstand with a travelling marshal  with full blues and two 's, and the riders family were sat at the grandstand ,  believe me that caused  some concern for a lot of relatives ,and questions of who was  involved , 

22 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Its called 'Practice'

they used to  , after the mac Hobson incident on Bray hill  some years ago  they did carry out some high speed test runs with a sidecar , and this has been repeated on other parts of the course as well, where works have been carried out 

11 minutes ago, Omobono said:

they used to  , after the mac Hobson incident on Bray hill  some years ago  they did carry out some high speed test runs with a sidecar , and this has been repeated on other parts of the course as well, where works have been carried out 

I am confused. What would they do if the Sidecar person wasn't happy. Surely you have to drive/ride at a speed that is suitable for the road and not the other way around.

As a previous contributor has said ask the seasoned side car riders like the Crowe boys or the Burchill bros. did they have a problem at Ago’s , weren’t there about 34 or so teams competing these two teams were newcomers and a lack of experience is probably the answer if no one else was affected.   I realise there are an obligatory number of practice laps before racing but perhaps ore practice time is needed with newcomers in mind.

• Like 1