TT 2022 ??

Barlow

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I am confused. What would they do if the Sidecar person wasn't happy. Surely you have to drive/ride at a speed that is suitable for the road and not the other way around.

in the Hobson incident the sidecar became airborne after  passing over a manhole drain cover that had been  installed on the hill , obviously there is a difference in normal speeds and racing speeds , but in the past, work on the TT course always took into consideration  the speeds of the riders and at the bottom of Bray hill there is also a new fairly high  kerb where  previously   the old kerb was almost level with the road , this also applied to signage around the course  where  to avoid collision in an a racing  accident it was kept to a minimum ,   in my opinion there is so much signage around the course and on the mountain, we have created information overload , and are damaging the beauty of the environment 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

There was a large presence just now at the scene of the incident. Lots of police vehicles and a policeman in the middle of the road attempting to direct traffic. I think it must have been his first time. He wasn’t very good at it. Vehicles all over the place. 

It's all going on down QB Road today 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/lieutenant-governor-involved-in-prang-551237

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Omobono said:

in the Hobson incident the sidecar became airborne after  passing over a manhole drain cover that had been  installed on the hill , obviously there is a difference in normal speeds and racing speeds , but in the past, work on the TT course always took into consideration  the speeds of the riders and at the bottom of Bray hill there is also a new fairly high  kerb where  previously   the old kerb was almost level with the road , this also applied to signage around the course  where  to avoid collision in an a racing  accident it was kept to a minimum ,   in my opinion there is so much signage around the course and on the mountain, we have created information overload , and are damaging the beauty of the environment 

Also with the Mac incident, sidecars set off in pairs in them days, and think it was him and Rolf Steinhausen or Biland vying for the best line, the rest as we say..

51 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

There was a large presence just now at the scene of the incident. Lots of police vehicles and a policeman in the middle of the road attempting to direct traffic. I think it must have been his first time. He wasn’t very good at it. Vehicles all over the place. 

Came through at 16:15. Nothing there then

13 minutes ago, Max Power said:

That wouldn't serve much purpose in these instances?

What. Are you serious? It would slow the riders down as they would have to start braking before the bottom of Bray Hill. 

Less speed reduces both the likelihood of an incident and also the consequences

16 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

What. Are you serious? It would slow the riders down as they would have to start braking before the bottom of Bray Hill. 

Oh sorry, I thought it was a run off area!

18 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Actually, it would be possible to slip something in at the junction of Stoney Road, it only needs to be a slight kink over that area where people stand.

• Like 1

Stupid question maybe but why don’t they survey the road and level it of a bit, ( I know Ago’s leap is sacred to some but would that not make it safer?) or someone like say Moly could give input into the state of the extra tricky surfaces. Not a biker so I could be talking b#llo#ks.

• Like 1