TT 2022 ??

Barlow

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

Rob Callister sat behind his PC posting on Facebook to the world

Its quite unnerving all the posting he's doing repeating already posted infomation from the various departments. But still sadly nothing of any substance from him. Apart from his political surgeries that is. I just wish he would follow , personally , something through when he's asked about issues. 

• Like 1

As for the TT. Sadly I fear it wont go ahead again and while I will be gutted ,as the atmosphere and the bikers are something else, I will feel it more as I have a friend who's business has been decimated these last 2 years because of its cancellations. Any money he'd put away for his retirement has now gone in efforts to keep the business stocked and operating and to be honest I really dont think he will survive another TT not happening. The turnover it generates mean he has that income to carry him through the winter quiet months and help pay for necessary equipment and stock. He also is a great boss , pays his staff well and looks after then too throughout the year and because of TT and other motorcycle events he's able to employ 6 or more seasonal staff which I've seen first hand the benefits that has meant . The quoted income across the board to the local businesses and economy I can well believe and if that money is lost for another year things will be very tough for lots of businesses , pubs and restaurants etc . I get it that some people dont like the events based around bike racing but it helps pay the bills or gives many people a timely lift in their incomes which helps in so many areas. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

Check this out.

Countdown to TT 2022

Countdown to Classic TT 2021

And in the News

Countdown to Classic TT 2021 (Which Seems To Clash With TT 2022)

Very sloppy. On several levels. 

I cant understand why the hotel and hospitality sector have not come out fighting against the severe  reduction in the length of the race programme  announced recently  by Rob's motorsport division  for the Manx festival and MGP , its hardly worth the expense if its only being run over a weekend Saturday , Sunday ,and Monday , with no provisions for bad weather , it spilt the Manx Motorcycle  club  and caused resignations  on the committee ,                                                      With a little vision and minor investment the Manx festival could actually run over 3 weekends ,and with a different and varied programme of off road  historic and vintage bikes  and a greater use of Jurby  so you wouldn't require any additional road closures  ,  it could provide a major cash injection into the Manx Economy  the steam packet and everyone else associated with tourism , 

If the economy is ever going to recover here  then it requires some fresh thinking  and on another sad point it was announced today  that due to lack or organisers the end the end cycle races have been abandoned ,  

Great shame as I thought we were promoting the island for cycling , mountain bike holidays and special events   so what has Rob got to put in his blog about that lot ? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

It's been on a bit of a downward spiral for a few years.  

The first year I did it (12 years ago) there were 1000s of people.  Last one was a couple of hundred.  I did it a few times and it was good fun, although somewhat frustrating at times, due to being able to ride some sections when you're alone, but get a few hundred people on a singletrack steep hill; someone is going to stumble and then force everyone else push.

Mountain biking has become a lot more extreme recently, certainly with the new Enduro format (basically a multistage downhill rally) with ever more capable bikes.  All cross country type events seem to be suffering. 

Would an e-bike have the range? 

Shame though....