TT 2022 ??

Barlow

Twenty Two free TT Grandstand VIP tickets given to Freeloading MHK's.

I can understand that they don't really earn enough to pay for these tickets or they

wouldn't have a political category for these free tickets.

Edited by Holte End

5 hours ago, Holte End said:

Twenty Two free TT Grandstand VIP tickets given to Freeloading MHK's.

I can understand that they don't really earn enough to pay for these tickets or they

wouldn't have a political category for these free tickets.

My question would be why?

What possible use are those lot in the VIP area?

Its not like they can make any policy decisions without their masters (The CS) permission.

As I said yesterday, Alf being an apologist for the 5 dead and saying it was okay because the island did okay out of it will soon come back to haunt him.

Once Panorama do their "Piece" especially as the 30 minute YouTube bit he did with our TV station is so, so, open to being ripped apart by anyone with a bit of intellect in the media.

Panorama will likely drag up the "007" incident in Douglas many years ago too, he is gone.

Might as well start looking for another CM now.

30 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Its not like they can make any policy decisions without their masters (The CS) permission.

As I said yesterday, Alf being an apologist for the 5 dead and saying it was okay because the island did okay out of it will soon come back to haunt him.

Once Panorama do their "Piece" especially as the 30 minute YouTube bit he did with our TV station is so, so, open to being ripped apart by anyone with a bit of intellect in the media.

Panorama will likely drag up the "007" incident in Douglas many years ago too, he is gone.

What was the "007" incident?

34 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Still don't get it , sorry. 

It is to distract from the real question. Who got the TT VIP  tickets for free.             @Stu Peters obviously somebody gave you a good question, but no supplementaries of note to follow.  1.) should these be on member interests. 2) who allocates the tickets and what process is there to recieve said tickets( obviously stu did know). 3). Who on earth thought it would be a good idea to give MHK's free VIP tickets to the TT, many of whom would have never bothered to watch the TT before becoming an avid MHK follower of the TT.

It's not unusual for a Govt to have access to these events. They can be there to explain to Foreign Dignitaries, Scots or Englishmen, the benefits or this racing.

They could explain to Rwandan delegates how this could increase the flow of foreign currency into their Country!!!

On 6/20/2022 at 7:38 PM, Bill1977 said:

If the BBC documentary changes people’s perceptions negatively then brands sponsoring the TT may worry about people not consuming their products as a result.

Anyone remember circa 70/71 the BBC? Tony Gubba? Doing a " They dig the graves before the event" TT shocker story.  I loosely remember folks saying, like Barry Sheene ,he would get lynched if he came back here. Ive tried google  but nothing.. perhaps it was David Icke?

15 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

it was £60 a seat on senior race day  and if the freebee MHK's  were occupying seats paying customers would have filled then its a  disgrace, and waste of money , so when the concession goes out to run the grandstand ,next year all those who  took up the free seat should have to declare an interest ,