TT 2022 ??

Barlow

10 minutes ago, Omobono said:

it was £60 a seat on senior race day  and if the freebee MHK's  were occupying seats paying customers would have filled then its a  disgrace, and waste of money , so when the concession goes out to run the grandstand ,next year all those who  took up the free seat should have to declare an interest ,

The VIP tickets that the mhks had cost between £350 and £1000 per day. How many £350 per day passes were given to mhks?  Or did they get a week long super VIP pass?

21 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

I don’t see why anyone would care tbh.

There we’re lots of people visiting the island in there, lots of influential locals, event sponsors etc.

I would have thought it was just the sort of event our Elected representatives should be at in a relatively informal capacity.  It’s surprising what usual relationships can be built and useful information  and feedback gained over the course of several hours with food and drink.

I suppose people need something to whine about though.

Don't you want the data to be available so the GMP can see what a great job the motorsport team are doing?😕

17 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

I don’t see why anyone would care tbh.

There we’re lots of people visiting the island in there, lots of influential locals, event sponsors etc.

I would have thought it was just the sort of event our Elected representatives should be at in a relatively informal capacity.  It’s surprising what usual relationships can be built and useful information  and feedback gained over the course of several hours with food and drink.

I suppose people need something to whine about though.

Do you mean like Manx Gas use to.

https://www.celticleague.net/news/hospitality-gate/

Just been announced that the Bank holiday will stand on the Friday of race week .  Opinions have been invited regarding changes from all and sundry, no one I know thinks that they are a good idea but believe me they will happen it is a done deal.  All the so called listening to public opinion and riders input is total crap and done for show.   I feel shame and sorrow to admit it but I do not trust the people in charge to pay the slightest attention to any input or value any opinions put forward.

• Like 4

It now appears also that there were identification difficulties in the other sidecar outfit crash. The tags had come detached from their fixing and visual identification was impossible due to the catastrophic nature of the injuries.

• Sad 3

Manx Radio getting criticism for reporting the Coroner's comments. Strange one this, yes the facts are unpalatable but surely it's public interest and friends and family would be made aware of the circumstances. Manx Radio and other media are damned if they do damned if they don't publish the facts. I didn't see any sensationalism in their reporting.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

It now appears also that there were identification difficulties in the other sidecar outfit crash. The tags had come detached from their fixing and visual identification was impossible due to the catastrophic nature of the injuries.

And you still seem to be a fan of this death race?

Is that a Manx thing? 

I really don't know, please enlighten me.

I have been witness to this death race since a child although not born or bread here.

I just would like to try to understand how someone of your intellect can see this as being an okay way to make money?

14 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

And you still seem to be a fan of this death race?

Is that a Manx thing? 

I really don't know, please enlighten me.

I have been witness to this death race since a child although not born or bread here.

I just would like to try to understand how someone of your intellect can see this as being an okay way to make money?

Where have I said whether I’m a fan, or not? I’ve reported facts. Tried to moderate the discussion neutrally.  I’ve not been pejorative. I’ve not been hysterical. I’ve not expressed a view one way or the other.

Does it make money? I’ve always thought it lost tax payer’s money hand over fist. I’ve never trusted the return to the economy projections and estimates.

Is it a death race? I don’t know. And if I’m to make a judgment I’d rather wait until the reports and inquests.

As for bread? Use your loaf.

That being said, I’ve represented families in inquests, I’ve seen the photos. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3