TT 2022 ??

Barlow

1 hour ago, AOR said:

Intransigence from what?
Just because an organisation isn't going the way a polarised view wants it to, is not intransigence.

So you don't believe there is a problem despite 4 jigsaw puzzles in the morgue at the same place with 18 racing minutes of each other. You don't think there needs to be improvements.

You are the very dictionary definition of intransigence.

5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I was kind of remembering Max Powers post

That's a different kind of intransigence, the time has long passed for that, barring a sudden influx of investment!

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

So you don't believe there is a problem despite 4 jigsaw puzzles in the morgue at the same place with 18 racing minutes of each other. You don't think there needs to be improvements.

You are the very dictionary definition of intransigence.

This has yet to be dealt with, the incidents were unprecedented so we will have to see what the outcome will be.

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

That's a different kind of intransigence, the time has long passed for that, barring a sudden influx of investment!

This has yet to be dealt with, the incidents were unprecedented so we will have to see what the outcome will be.

A different type of intransigence! I never heard that phrase before 🤣

I believe you mean that people have been unwilling to branch out into alternatives that compliment the event. 

JFTR @AOR I do not have a polarised view, well only in the view that 5 deaths in one event is acceptable. 

9 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I predict the outcome will be inconclusive. I could well be wrong and I hope I am. 

If its inconclusive will the sidecars race with no mods to the course? 

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Of course the road has been maintained, I'm not sure what you mean? Reprofiling the road improves safety first and foremost. Not only for the TT but for other road users. The big changes, Quarry Bends, Windy Corner and Brandywell were done to remove road accident black spots, to the disappointment of many TT supporters and competitors.

Can you enlighten us on this intransigence you see?

I can talk from a lot of experience when I say that the root cause of 99.9% of crashes is rider error or misjudgement. 

I remember the 'Accident Black Spot' signs dotted around the place at one time.   Whatever happened to them?  Don't see them any more, so presumably all our roads are now safe and accident/collision free.   

While what you say about the roads reprofiling might be true in your stated cases, does such road reprofiling regularly occur at other spots away from the TT Course, or did those 'Accident Black Spot' signs somehow just disappear, without any remedial intervention?  Answers on a postcard.  

While it will be argued that the Course reprofilings were done first and foremost on 'public safety' grounds, it just so happens that each altered section you mention then became faster than it was beforehand.  Hmmm.  Contrast that with other road safety initiatives implemented elsewhere on the island, where the sole aim seems to be to reduce speeds, not increase them.   Except that is, if such section of the road happens to be on a certain 37.73 mile stretch.  The recently resurfaced section of road at the bottom of Bray Hill is a good example.  Other than the 150mph near crash by Mark Higgins there several years ago, and this year's fatal incidents, all on closed roads, what other serious incidents have occurred on that stretch in recent times on open roads?  Presumably, the road was resurfaced recently to improve public safety.  What other reasons could there be?     

I also noticed this year that just prior to the TT period, the white line road markings at Quarterbridge on its approach to the TT Access Road were repainted.  Probably to improve public safety.  Yet have a look around elsewhere.  White line road markings are being repainted all the time.  Not.

Most of us on the island live within a very short distance of roads which are largely unfit for purpose, and the conditions of which even most third world nations would be ashamed of.  Potholes everywhere.  Complaints about them are usually met with 'not in this year's budget' or 'they're in our long-term plan' etc.  We've all seen how quickly those roads are repaired.  How come these excuses are not trotted out when the TT Course needs repairing etc?    

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

I remember the 'Accident Black Spot' signs dotted around the place at one time.   Whatever happened to them?  Don't see them any more, so presumably all our roads are now safe and accident/collision free.   

While what you say about the roads reprofiling might be true in your stated cases, does such road reprofiling regularly occur at other spots away from the TT Course, or did those 'Accident Black Spot' signs somehow just disappear, without any remedial intervention?  Answers on a postcard.  

While it will be argued that the Course reprofilings were done first and foremost on 'public safety' grounds, it just so happens that each altered section you mention then became faster than it was beforehand.  Hmmm.  Contrast that with other road safety initiatives implemented elsewhere on the island, where the sole aim seems to be to reduce speeds, not increase them.   Except that is, if such section of the road happens to be on a certain 37.73 mile stretch.  The recently resurfaced section of road at the bottom of Bray Hill is a good example.  Other than the 150mph near crash by Mark Higgins there several years ago, and this year's fatal incidents, all on closed roads, what other serious incidents have occurred on that stretch in recent times on open roads?  Presumably, the road was resurfaced recently to improve public safety.  What other reasons could there be?     

I also noticed this year that just prior to the TT period, the white line road markings at Quarterbridge on its approach to the TT Access Road were repainted.  Probably to improve public safety.  Yet have a look around elsewhere.  White line road markings are being repainted all the time.  Not.

Most of us on the island live within a very short distance of roads which are largely unfit for purpose, and the conditions of which even most third world nations would be ashamed of.  Potholes everywhere.  Complaints about them are usually met with 'not in this year's budget' or 'they're in our long-term plan' etc.  We've all seen how quickly those roads are repaired.  How come these excuses are not trotted out when the TT Course needs repairing etc?    

Coincidentally those roads are the most heavily used stretches of road on the island. I wouldn’t say that the surface was in great condition all the way round but having seriously bumpy sections like those in Ramsey for example, they have needed attention for some times, would be necessary for TT safety rather than increasing speed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Coincidentally those roads are the most heavily used stretches of road on the island. I wouldn’t say that the surface was in great condition all the way round but having seriously bumpy sections like those in Ramsey for example, they have needed attention for some times, would be necessary for TT safety rather than increasing speed.

There are so many roads that need safety attention before any part of the TT Course. Try the Castletown Road between Mount Murray and Fairy Bridge.

4 hours ago, Max Power said:

Those guys are generally never involved in accidents, despite their speed (touch wood), their levels of consciousness are way above the average rider and it seems that it's the average guys who are most vulnerable.

Precisely and it's those average, more vulnerable guys who have to chase a percentage of those faster guys' ever increasing race speed (and reducing lap times) in order to qualify for their own goals of replicas under the time trial format. Is it pushing them too far?

"The throttle works both ways" is the usual get-out statement. I say "bollocks", when the mist is down and you're chasing an unseen target like that.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

There are so many roads that need safety attention before any part of the TT Course. Try the Castletown Road between Mount Murray and Fairy Bridge.

That stretch is scheduled to start September closing road for c8 months!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

There is no issue with that road if people stick to the sensible speed limit

i agree in dry conditions , but add some water that the doi seem incapable of getting to leave road surfaces and the situation changes somewhat.

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

That stretch is scheduled to start September closing road for c8 months!

Was, not now, Treasury said NO.

For the busiest road on the island this is a joke, it is in a shocking state.

Every time I drive thorough that area with my garden waste trailer I have to slow to 20 -25mph to stop the trailer taking off and ejecting its contents, despite the cover.

• Like 2