TT 2022 ??

Barlow

Do the people who signed this petition two years ago agree with the bits that have been added on.   Some bits such as the fun fair are obvious additions.   Is it right to add other items on a petition that has been previously been given support without them.   If the person who is responsible for the petition thinks adding on the fun fair will gain further support he has got it wrong.   Also replacing the old scoreboard like for like would be mega bucks and a crackpot idea.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Do the people who signed this petition two years ago agree with the bits that have been added on.   Some bits such as the fun fair are obvious additions.   Is it right to add other items on a petition that has been previously been given support without them.   If the person who is responsible for the petition thinks adding on the fun fair will gain further support he has got it wrong.   Also replacing the old scoreboard like for like would be mega bucks and a crackpot idea.

Exactly what i posted on twitter the other day. If this was originally about the scoreboard, and going by her avi, i think it is. I'm seriously unhappy that my name is now involved with having the funfair back ! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

The funfair is tacky and should never have been on the promenade, I would hate to stay in any of the hotels nearby with the dreadful loud music banging out from morning until night.

Funfairs are tacky, that's their appeal the world over. Most people staying in those hotels are part of the TT crowd anyway.

It's just fogeyism I think.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

Is all the medical treatment of a case like that paid for by the ACU?

Assuming he's a UK national (and I have no idea if he is or is not) then I presume his emergency medical care will have been funded by the Manx taxpayer and his subsequent (and probably much more expensive) ongoing NHS treatment in Liverpool will be funded by UK taxpayers - like me.

I presume that his repatriation medical costs from IoM to Liverpool will have been covered either by ACU insurance and/or his own topup insurance.  (I believe that repatriation insurance cover is a mandatory requirement for competing, but may be covered by the ACU's "basic" cover.)

On 6/28/2022 at 11:12 AM, Max Power said:

I do fail to understand the hostility towards the funfair? If you don't like it, don't go there, but don't deny kids the opportunity to enjoy something different. 

Don't go there? What choice do we have. It's bang in the middle of our city, blocking  the walkway completely. 

It’s sad to read Mike Booth is struggling to come to terms with his injuries. I did find the lack of updates somewhat concerning because he’s not exactly shy of having a few bumps in the past, he’s the type to brush himself down and jump straight back on again and it’s probably the long road ahead that’s just very daunting.

Hopefully he’ll document his journey where possible, 44 Teeth are great advocates for mental health, with getting out on a bike being seen as one of the best ways to beat depression/anxiety.