TT 2022 ??

Barlow

5 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

It’s sad to read Mike Booth is struggling to come to terms with his injuries. I did find the lack of updates somewhat concerning because he’s not exactly shy of having a few bumps in the past, he’s the type to brush himself down and jump straight back on again and it’s probably the long road ahead that’s just very daunting.

Hopefully he’ll document his journey where possible, 44 Teeth are great advocates for mental health, with getting out on a bike being seen as one of the best ways to beat depression/anxiety.

Where did you read that - quite the opposite. He's bravely come to terms with his injuries and remaining positive

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Max Power said:

Why would that be the case?

Sadly its not the case sadly the Manx and UK taxpayers have to stump up for the hundreds and thousands of pounds (maybe millions) that his treatment will cost

Attending to incident. Police, Ambulance

Airlift to UK

Hospital bed for weeks

Nurse time - 1000's of hours

Doctor Time 100's of hours

Surgeons and Consultants 100's of hours

Cleaners, porters, kitchen staff, ancilararys, flebotomists, surgical assisitants - 1000's of hours

Materials for care. 

Physiotherapists - 100's of hours

Prosthesis care, Prothetics

Sick pay from employer

Sick pay from state

Lack of earnings, reliance on benefits 

I could go on...

Also the hospital bed that someone with an actual real need could be using

Do I feel sorry for Boothy? - What do you think?

5 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

It’s sad to read Mike Booth is struggling to come to terms with his injuries. I did find the lack of updates somewhat concerning because he’s not exactly shy of having a few bumps in the past, he’s the type to brush himself down and jump straight back on again and it’s probably the long road ahead that’s just very daunting.

Hopefully he’ll document his journey where possible, 44 Teeth are great advocates for mental health, with getting out on a bike being seen as one of the best ways to beat depression/anxiety.

Hopefully he show some gratitude to the millions of people funding his recovery from the incident that happened when he was "living his dream"

• Confused 2

54 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Where did you read that - quite the opposite. He's bravely come to terms with his injuries and remaining positive

https://www.44teeth.com/2022-isle-of-man-tt-boothys-statement/

“Losing my leg has been one of the most difficult things to get my head round and, if I’m being honest, the main reason this update has taken so long to come. It’s hard to explain something like that to others, when you’ve not really come to terms with it yourself.“

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Sadly its not the case sadly the Manx and UK taxpayers have to stump up for the hundreds and thousands of pounds (maybe millions) that his treatment will cost

Hopefully he show some gratitude to the millions of people funding his recovery from the incident that happened when he was "living his dream"

He’s shown loads of gratitude for the support he’s received both medically and from his supporter/followers.

Your first point is void because this is the true cost of running the TT, if we encourage and run a race like this then the least we can do is support riders and families when the worst happens, you can’t run a government sponsored race and then hide from the responsibilities.

Edited by Annoymouse

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Attending to incident. Police, Ambulance

Airlift to UK

Hospital bed for weeks

Nurse time - 1000's of hours

Doctor Time 100's of hours

Surgeons and Consultants 100's of hours

Cleaners, porters, kitchen staff, ancilararys, flebotomists, surgical assisitants - 1000's of hours

Materials for care. 

Physiotherapists - 100's of hours

Prosthesis care, Prothetics

Sick pay from employer

Sick pay from state

Lack of earnings, reliance on benefits 

I could go on...

Also the hospital bed that someone with an actual real need could be using

Do I feel sorry for Boothy? - What do you think?

Presumably you only have sympathy for people who are critically injured doing something wholly important like driving to work to make some old prick really rich.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

1. He’s shown loads of gratitude for the support he’s received both medically and from his supporter/followers.

2. Your first point is void because this is the true cost of running the TT, if we encourage and run a race like this then the least we can do is support riders and families when the worst happens, you can’t run a government sponsored race and then hide from the responsibilities.

1. One line of words in a paragraph all about himself. What about the gratitude for the people who get pushed down the queue for treatment while he takes all the attention f hundreds of people hour. What about an apology for them?

2. Void? How does the UK benefit from paying all that money for his care? Do we send money over? I'll bet we don't. Don't you think both NHS's have enough to deal with without this selfish behaviour/self indulgence?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Presumably you only have sympathy for people who are critically injured doing something wholly important like driving to work to make some old prick really rich.

I have the most sympathy for persons who are ill/unwell through no fault of their own, for their suffering in pain, and for people who have accidents that are not their fault. I have sympathy for people who have lost their lives due to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

I have much less sympathy for people who needlessly kill themselves or main themselves in the course of having fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Happier diner said:

I have the most sympathy for persons who are ill/unwell through no fault of their own, for their suffering in pain, and for people who have accidents that are not their fault. I have sympathy for people who have lost their lives due to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

I have much less sympathy for people who needlessly kill themselves or main themselves in the course of having fun!

But lots of things that are fun are not fully safe. Well, nothing is fully safe. Seems daft that if he'd broken his legs driving to work the day before the TT you'd have had sympathy. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

There are hundreds of pages already about this.

You’re taking a few words from an update and from it you’re making a lot of spurious assumptions.

I suggest you leave it there before you embarrass yourself even more than you’ve already done  

There are absolutely no assumptions in what I have written, only facts. I think maybe you could re read them

I won't be leaving just because it makes you feel uncomfortable

Why don't you woman up and defend your view. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

But lots of things that are fun are not fully safe. Well, nothing is fully safe. Seems daft that if he'd broken his legs driving to work the day before the TT you'd have had sympathy. 

What's that got to do with anything? Its correct but totally irrelevant.

• Like 1