TT 2022 ??

Barlow

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

What's that got to do with anything? Its correct but totally irrelevant.

Just seems awfully close to being a few steps away from the "The NHS shouldn't pay for your treatment if you're slightly fat" line of thought.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

What's that got to do with anything? Its correct but totally irrelevant.

I smash my legs up gorge walking, coasteering, skateboarding, rock climbing. Do you have no sympathy for those cases either? Do you consider them to be blocking a hospital bed? The above all carry risks and are fun activities.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

I smash my legs up gorge walking, coasteering, skateboarding, rock climbing. Do you have no sympathy for those cases either? Some Do you consider them to be blocking a hospital bed? Yes The above all carry risks and are fun activities. Maybe you need to take more care!

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Just seems awfully close to being a few steps away from the "The NHS shouldn't pay for your treatment if you're slightly fat" line of thought.

But the important thing I have not said that and never would.

He obviously should be cared for once it has happened, but I would rather he took more care for himself so that it didn't happen in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

You’re assuming he doesn’t care about the draw on resources.

You’re assuming he doesn’t care about other people waiting for surgery. 

You’re assuming he has no gratitude for the service he has received. 

You’re assuming he has never uttered an apology for the time/service he has received. 

You’re assuming that we do not have a reciprocal agreement with the UK

You are assuming he is selfish and self indulgent.

I’m not uncomfortable about the topic. I’m not uncomfortable talking about his injuries or his care. I’m uncomfortable with your spurious allegations. 

I have not made these assumptions if you read what I wrote. I asked the questions?

I don't mean to upset you but there some hard facts/arguments here.

He's probably a nice guy and I am sure he would have had no intention to take up someone else's space in a hospital bed. But its a fact that he has and its a fact that he is taking up a massive resource in having his care.

I'll back off with the hard stuff. Its a difficult topic, I know that. There are ethics involved The article made me angry but I get it.

• Thanks 1

I've long opposed these races but while we do hold them  then we, Island residents, our Govt are morally and financially responsible for what happens during the race period. We cannot shirk that obligation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

https://www.44teeth.com/2022-isle-of-man-tt-boothys-statement/

“Losing my leg has been one of the most difficult things to get my head round and, if I’m being honest, the main reason this update has taken so long to come. It’s hard to explain something like that to others, when you’ve not really come to terms with it yourself.“

You should have carried on reading

"But the more I think about it, the more I realise that actually, losing a leg doesn’t have to be that big of a deal, if you don’t want it to be. I’ve seen people run marathons, climb mountains, race bikes and do all sorts of stuff, with prosthetic limbs. Things will be different, but it’s not the end of the world…. and crashing where I did, could (and probably should) have been a lot worse."

31 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I have not made these assumptions if you read what I wrote. I asked the questions?

I don't mean to upset you but there some hard facts/arguments here.

He's probably a nice guy and I am sure he would have had no intention to take up someone else's space in a hospital bed. But its a fact that he has and its a fact that he is taking up a massive resource in having his care.

I'll back off with the hard stuff. Its a difficult topic, I know that. There are ethics involved The article made me angry but I get it.

That sentence alone shows just how much of a jerk you are...

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I smash my legs up gorge walking, coasteering, skateboarding, rock climbing. Do you have no sympathy for those cases either? Some Do you consider them to be blocking a hospital bed? Yes The above all carry risks and are fun activities. Maybe you need to take more care

1. Why some?

2. Why do you consider them bed blockers?

3. Accidents happen and that's why we have the likes of mountain rescue, coastguard etc. And a health service to care for us if we have an ACCIDENT. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

1. Why some?

2. Why do you consider them bed blockers?

3. Accidents happen and that's why we have the likes of mountain rescue, coastguard etc. And a health service to care for us if we have an ACCIDENT. 

Sorry. I will clarify.

I do have some sympathy

I don't consider them bed blockers. But they do take up a hospital bed. That's just a fact I'm afraid.

Yes accidents happen. Some are more avoidable than others. Some are completely avoidable. 

1 minute ago, Youaintseenme said:

The same as if someone falls off a mountain bike, slips off a cliff edge etc etc then.

Similar to the costs associated with someone having a crash in a car through speeding, or just coming off a motorbike on their way to work.

Do you want to start charging people who are overweight for their healthcare?  That’s a lifestyle choice as well.

True. Yes. No. 

15 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Sorry. I will clarify.

I do have some sympathy

I don't consider them bed blockers. But they do take up a hospital bed. That's just a fact I'm afraid.

Yes accidents happen. Some are more avoidable than others. Some are completely avoidable. 

How do you avoid an accident? By definition that's surely not possible?

• Like 1