TT 2022 ??

Barlow

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

As I said earlier, the red flag is used to neutralise the race in the event of a) the road is not passable, b) there is danger to other riders or marshals, such as air fencing damaged or dislodged, c) to ensure that sufficient resources are available to deal with the incident and prevent a further call on them.

It is not to stop riders at the scene of an incident which can be controlled with yellow flags, doing that can lead to further incidents further back up the road. A short delay in putting a red flag out has very little effect on anything. 

Thanks Max for confirming Youaintseenme is wrong again.

With people like him on the pro TT side I am sure you are seeing it will be stopped quicker........................

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Yes. But there is a big difference here. 

It did happen at Bray Hill. Twice. That's too much of a coincidence to do nothing.

Yes the first one could have been a freak accident Like the one at Silverstone. The fact that there was a second one minutes later (in racing time) tell you it most likely wasn't. 

Minutes later? It was in a different race?

11 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Minutes later? It was in a different race?

He said "in racing time". Which makes it technically true but fairly meaningless. It's like saying Usain Bolt won the Olympic 100m, but 10 seconds later in racing time he was beaten by Marcell Jacobs.

2 hours ago, HeliX said:

He said "in racing time". Which makes it technically true but fairly meaningless. It's like saying Usain Bolt won the Olympic 100m, but 10 seconds later in racing time he was beaten by Marcell Jacobs.

Yes @HeliX. But not just technically true. Actually true. Whichever way you add it up. 

4 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

Explain how that shows I am wrong?

It confirms teapot is wrong in his assumption that a red flag means a big off.

Maxpower is basically confirming what I said and showing that teapot was wrong.

You're a fucking moron.

• Thanks 1

I can't be fucking arsed, it wasn't even the point I was making, you've just jumped on it to be a twat like you do in every fucking thread for no obvious reason other than to be a contrary knobhead like you have in all your previous personas. Just fuck off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The other one, the day before on the same stretch of road (the point of the conversation) caused a red flag and was airlifted to hospital.

You are arguing with me over fucking nothing for no reason and the only reasonable conclusion is that there is something missing from your life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

So the Manx Grand Prix meeting is nearly about to start, and the NPM has published an appeal by Gary Thompson Clerk of the Course for more marshals. I thought there was no shortage of marshals seeing as the IOMG propaganda machine goes into action. If they are appealing they aren’t certain of the numbers. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

So the Manx Grand Prix meeting is nearly about to start, and the NPM has published an appeal by Gary Thompson Clerk of the Course for more marshals. I thought there was no shortage of marshals seeing as the IOMG propaganda machine goes into action. If they are appealing they aren’t certain of the numbers. 

There’s always a small shortage of numbers at the start of MGP - but I don’t remember a practice session being cancelled for lack of marshals in recent history? It’s hardly news and a last push for marshals seems to have worked previously. What’s your beef? 

• Like 4