TT 2022 ??

Barlow

24 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Alf said the T.T. was still on the cards but his words lacked conviction in so much as in these uncertain times he sounded more hopeful than certain.  He didn’t say why are people even questioning this it is a well planned event and I have every confidence it will take place.   He mentioned something about lateral flows but I did not catch it all.    The Juan came on and as I had suffered Quirky and Howard I had had enough and turned off.   Wint reckoned he had loads of questions to put to Alf so why let these three wind bags on, every day they are on and I was putting it down to lack of interest but not do apparently.  That Juan really loves himself.

Mr Squeaker loves himself too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Chief said:

FFS unless they have a mild winter and get lots of time for 'repairs' the state of roads alone will stop this happening, just today i noticed some of those works happening on Glencrutchery road have left a lovely patch of shit bumpy tarmac right where they are anchoring on the brakes to get in the pits. There's more patches round there than original tarmac.

FYI for the TT superfan who had a pop at me about racing lines and all that other bullshit last time i pointed this out, there's a lovely crack pothole forming right on the 'racing line' at the bottom of bray.

If they are going to put this on its got to be done as safely as possible for EVERYONE, residents,racers,spectators, marshals, medics, everyone. 

I thought it was a road race. Are you saying its a race track now?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Isn’t it a race track, for road racing. It’s often referred to as ‘the mountain course’ on government diktats.

But roads do have patches of tarmac as they have services buried under them which need to be renewed and replaced now and again. I think it was fibre cables going in Do the followers of the little motor cycle race expect the GMP to fund the complete resurfacing of the road every time it is broken open.

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

Unless we manage to recruit a whole lot of staff for Nobles the TT has no chance.

Am I wrong Wrighty?............

You might be wrong. It’s not as obvious as you might think. The really major trauma all gets sent across these days, so that’s not dependent on having a lot more medical recruitment here. Beds available in Aintree is certainly a concern, and who knows what the situation there is going to be in May. 

During TT we’re used to getting additional temporary medical staff over, in orthopaedics we’re usually over-subscribed with plenty wanting to come. Also, we’re used to reducing elective capacity during TT, and historically some departments have used it as a time to take leave. Anaesthetists previously have done this, so whether or not we have a full complement of them by TT may not matter too much. 

Like I said, it’s not a straightforward yes/no answer. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, wrighty said:

You might be wrong. It’s not as obvious as you might think. The really major trauma all gets sent across these days, so that’s not dependent on having a lot more medical recruitment here. Beds available in Aintree is certainly a concern, and who knows what the situation there is going to be in May. 

During TT we’re used to getting additional temporary medical staff over, in orthopaedics we’re usually over-subscribed with plenty wanting to come. Also, we’re used to reducing elective capacity during TT, and historically some departments have used it as a time to take leave. Anaesthetists previously have done this, so whether or not we have a full complement of them by TT may not matter too much. 

Like I said, it’s not a straightforward yes/no answer. 

I know you get temporary medical staff over, the British Army SAS medics who like to train on smashed up bodies for a start.

Not well known about that one, maybe you dont know the story behind some of the medics that come over? But do you really think the ACU will go okay if we are short staffed with anaesthetists?

Edited by Boris Johnson

16 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Not well known about that one, maybe you dont know the story behind some of the medics that come over? But do you really think the ACU will go okay if we are short staffed with anaesthetists?

There’s a strong rumour that they won’t get any cover as the UK Trust that supplies the locum support has seen how they have tried to hang the anaethetists out to dry and won’t provide more cover on potential liability grounds. The suggestion is that providing services in the IOM is now too high a risk to UK doctors professional careers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

But do you really think the ACU will go okay if we are short staffed 

I’ve never been convinced that the ACU are at all bothered about safety aspects beyond “They know the risks” and “He died doing what he loved” platitudes. So probably. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Paulos The Great said:

There’s a strong rumour that they won’t get any cover as the UK Trust that supplies the locum support has seen how they have tried to hang the anaethetists out to dry and won’t provide more cover on potential liability grounds. The suggestion is that providing services in the IOM is now too high a risk to UK doctors professional careers.

Are they suggesting that these things shouldn't be investigated or charges brought if there's a case to answer? Don't cases such as this get investigated anywhere else, medics free to make criminal blunders in the UK without consequences for example?

Edited by Max Power
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Are they suggesting that these things shouldn't be investigated or charges brought if there's a case to answer? Don't cases such as this get investigated anywhere else, medics free to make criminal blunders in the UK without consequences for example?

Simply what I heard I have no idea on the background particularly other than they’ve apparently been told it’s deemed too risky from a personal liability position to provide services in the IOM so Nobles has been told they won’t be providing locums anymore. I suspect there’s probably a difference between investigating blunders and pursuing people for what has basically been published as manslaughter. 

3 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

I know you get temporary medical staff over, the British Army SAS medics who like to train on smashed up bodies for a start.

You are well over a decade out of date with your military intel.

5 hours ago, Paulos The Great said:

That's the strong rumour doing the rounds. Together with the fact they won’t be able to draft in any from across either as the main UK hospital trust in the northwest has told Nobles to get stuffed due to liability issues associated with the way some of the recent actions against Nobles’ consultants are being pursued by the police.

It's called an investigation.

I can’t see a TT next year either. There was a representative of the hospitality industry on the radio to Alf Cannan today pointing out what’s going to happen if they have a ruined Xmas period this year and no TT Week due to Covid next year. So many businesses simply won’t be viable.