TT 2022 ??

Barlow

9 hours ago, Newbie said:

The Event Safety Plan is quite clear that all marshals have to have completed an Incident Management Course within the previous three years. Obviously marshals have to start somewhere, and novice marshals can go out on the course and be positioned with experienced marshals, but if there are insufficient qualified marshals to cover all the marshalling points, and fulfil all the marshalling roles, having more novice marshals won't change that. Novice marshals cannot be used to 'make up the numbers'. Hence the appeal for experienced marshals.

Ah that’s good. When I was a director of the TTMA and minimum numbers v qualified marshals was discussed, there had not been a decision - obviously changed. I think it’s very sensible to have a minimum number which includes marshals who have done a number of sessions and an IMC. 

4 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Dark silver/grey 4wd, didn't get number but you can see the blues behind the grille.

Nobody really sticks to the 50mph limit especially over Cronk Y Voddy, I religiously stuck to all the limits at TT then learned afterwards they only prosecuted a handful of people and none of those were for 60mph, they were all 80mph+

Remember the days when they would also stop you for going to slow. Mind you most of the vehicles I first owned you would have to find a speed limit on a hill, and have everybody out pushing to get close to the speed limit.

You could have crossply's on the front and radials on the rear but don't mix em on the same axle

1 hour ago, manxfisherman said:

Apparently things are delayed today because all the marshalls are at the popular places like governors bridge and not spread out properly. Quality organisation. 

You're not allowed to criticise them. You'll be keelhauled on the Ben-My-Chree at dawn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Nobody really sticks to the 50mph limit especially over Cronk Y Voddy, I religiously stuck to all the limits at TT then learned afterwards they only prosecuted a handful of people and none of those were for 60mph, they were all 80mph+

This was in the 30mph limit opposite the old distillery.