TT 2022 ??

Barlow

6 hours ago, Gizo said:

Probably some no-mark who upon waiting 20 minutes for a bike to arrive realised the complete futility of this event and took upon himself to stop the foreseeable carnage and give the 100,000's of spectators the night off.

Gary Thompson, the gift that just keeps giving

2 hours ago, Gizo said:

I do it everyday unfortunately 5 people so far this year cannot. Maybe more to add tonight.

But I'm really glad 30 pot-bellied white men can drink a few IPA's and laugh and joke at so many deaths.

Don’t be a dickhead all your life Gizo, nobody is celebrating the deaths of anybody

• Like 11

On 8/23/2022 at 11:23 PM, Passing Time said:

Don’t be a dickhead all your life Gizo, nobody is celebrating the deaths of anybody

To suggest that people are celebrating deaths is just an insult by someone opposed to road racing here. Facilitating and making money from is something we can live with. Stop the insults and stick to the facts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am a fan of the bikes but this is the start list for this afternoons race.  I predict only a small number will finish while the rest break down.

I am not sure running a race where only a handful of people are likely to finish and yet the whole island is disrupted is the best way to endear the event to the public.

9F6E7803-32DD-40A5-BDAA-433335257C59.jpeg

A race with only 24-odd starters on 10+ year old bikes originally designed for races of ten laps of a three-mile short circuit being subjected to 4(?) laps of 37+3/4 miles?

Machine mortality predictions?

5 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

A race with only 24-odd starters on 10+ year old bikes originally designed for races of ten laps of a three-mile short circuit being subjected to 4(?) laps of 37+3/4 miles?

Machine mortality predictions?

Less than ten finishers is my guess.  

That’s assuming there aren’t any seizure’s resulting in crash that throw a red flag.

7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I have just looked around the grandstand and promenade, I don't think I've ever seen so many visiting motorcyclists for the MGP? Almost at TT levels!

They're probably all wandering around aimlessly, baffled to why racing was cancelled today.

• Like 2

The whole island is buzzing.  It’s just a shame the weather isn’t playing bell although hopefully the weekend will be good.

Fingers crossed for a sunny weekend full of safe racing, food, drink music and good company.

There are so many friendly visitors in the pubs and cafes that I can’t fathom why anybody wouldn’t be looking forward to a great bank holiday weekend

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Ramsey is packed. Lovely atmosphere and everyone having fun. Shops and cafes are full of them and it's lovely to see. Ramsey Rocks is on this weekend, the new Indian Pop-Up is open (just had lunch there and it was bloody marvellous:, and Down North is on, on Sunday, inside and outside the Old Courthouse with food, music and thirty plus sellers.. Should be a good weekend.

Plus the sprint on Sunday.  Should be a mega weekend up there