TT 2022 ??

Barlow

1 hour ago, BriT said:

I have to say I think the numbers are lower too. I’ve hardly seen anyone to be honest I’d forgotten the MGP was on until I got stuck in traffic the other day. Pubs were quiet Friday night in town and there weren’t many bikes parked out on the prom either yesterday or Friday. Even the cafe under the Villa was relatively quiet yesterday. 

The racing was on.  People were out watching the racing.

It blows my mind that anyone can say they had forgotten it was on unless you only ever go to your own corner shop.  There are bikes, vans and people everywhere?  I don’t get it

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

thought the whole idea of tourism was to increase takings for local businesses? I watched the first two races from a regular spot yesterday and had the whole vantage point to myself...there wasn't a soul around me. Ramsey has been quiet all week though there is an uptick today in the town with the Sprint being on. Which might be as much to do with the fact that there's little else on.

Have you been in Ramsey in the evenings? It has been noticeably much, much busier than the last few weeks or any other week other than TT?  These comments are like they are coming from people living on a different island.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

I thought the whole idea of tourism was to increase takings for local businesses? I watched the first two races from a regular spot yesterday and had the whole vantage point to myself...there wasn't a soul around me. Ramsey has been quiet all week though there is an uptick today in the town with the Sprint being on. Which might be as much to do with the fact that there's little else on.

I'm hearing reports that members of the VMCC, prior to withdrawing from the Tuesday event, had difficulty even contacting the members of the TT/MGP organising hierachy. 

the VMCC are still attending the jurby day, they just aren't the organisers , i think it might be andreas racing that are running the show but don't quote me on that, it's like 7th hand information.

40 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

It blows my mind that anyone can say they had forgotten it was on unless you only ever go to your own corner shop.  There are bikes, vans and people everywhere?  I don’t get it

It’s not impossible when you literally couldn’t give a shit if the MGP was on or not. I’ve been all over central Douglas last few days and seen hardly any bikers. Not even in the Rovers on a non race day or outside the Villa this weekend. 

15 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I really think your hatred of the island and things integral to its culture and folklore are compromising your ability for rational thought. Only someone who doesn't know which way is up would suggest gravity as a credible replacement to the TT/MGP.

I love the Isle of Man. What I hate is seeing it being held back, sold short and in some cases dragged backwards by people like yourself. 

You're so blinkered it's almost unbelievable. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, BriT said:

It’s not impossible when you literally couldn’t give a shit if the MGP was on or not. I’ve been all over central Douglas last few days and seen hardly any bikers. Not even in the Rovers on a non race day or outside the Villa this weekend. 

Couldn’t be more different than my own experiences, but fair enough.

The Rovers was busy on Thursda, and there are bikes parked all over the place by the Villa every time I have been past 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, BriT said:

There was a nice row of old bikes on the Prom near Jak’s this afternoon, including one with a rag underneath catching oil drips 😂

• Haha 2

Peel was busy today  bikes parked both sides of the Quay  , who would want to stay in Douglas  no ice  cream  Kiosk , Cafe or free toilets on the promenade ,   Peel has cashed in because Douglas is Crap  and now provides nothing for visitors ,

And to top it off the beach is rubbish and unlike Peel no decent facilities or showers  on the beach  for children   the city fathers need a wake up call , your City is loosing out to other places because you have failed to repair the garden walls or even clear up around the chlldrens play area 

You should be ashamed , perhaps Amedaeus can go down with his mobile phone on a stick and take a few pictures 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Omobono said:

Peel was busy today  bikes parked both sides of the Quay  , who would want to stay in Douglas  no ice  cream  Kiosk , Cafe or free toilets on the promenade ,   Peel has cashed in because Douglas is Crap  and now provides nothing for visitors ,

And to top it off the beach is rubbish and unlike Peel no decent facilities or showers  on the beach  for children   the city fathers need a wake up call , your City is loosing out to other places because you have failed to repair the garden walls or even clear up around the chlldrens play area 

You should be ashamed , perhaps Amedaeus can go down with his mobile phone on a stick and take a few pictures 

agreed, maybe Charles Guard needs to do another lap of the shithole with his video camera.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Omobono said:

And to top it off the beach is rubbish and unlike Peel no decent facilities or showers  on the beach  for children   the city fathers need a wake up call.

To be fair if visitors knew they were swimming in raw sewage they probably would give Peel a steer, really there should be some sort of warning sign up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Completely agree that nothing is being made of Douglas beach. To be fair though it is a bit like swimming right by a main road.  But a reason to go down there like some beach huts (removable), ice cream van, coffee shack.  Down pt Erin yesterday morning and the food places doing really well with frothy coffees and bacon baps everywhere.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I quite like that there’s nothing there. It’s never too crowded as a result. Kids can play, dogs can get walked, you can run, swim, go rockpooling. it’s a lovely big space.  I take the kids to Port Erin and Peel too, but that’s when we’re being tourists.