TT 2022 ??

Barlow

6 hours ago, James Blonde said:

This is something that we need to see change (not a pop at the people doing the work). But it is right that waiting lists get extended due to a sporting event? The two things should be independent of each other. 

Is it right waiting lists get extended because of a religious festival? Not many of us a religious anymore. Send the bill for the extra cost of medical cover to Jesus Christ, he can pay for all the treatment of pissed up people at A and E rather than dictating what happens on his birthday.

Oh no hang on a minute, Christmas doesn't close the roads. Carry on.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

It's called an investigation.

With the very epitome of 'plod' involved from what I have heard on radio.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

It's called an investigation.

Likely just like this one which resulted in absolutely no charges being brought but one of the people concerned attempting suicide due to the vindictive and high profile way a tenuous case was pursued by the police: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-57574686

And now proposals to replace the current timekeepers huts with a two-storey log cabin; No price quoted yet though. Manx Independent, P8.

Edited by Non-Believer
typo
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

And now proposals to replace the current timekeepers huts with a two-story log cabin; No price quoted yet though. Manx Independent, P8.

I reckon it will cost more than the average Manx first time buyers houses. Will it come with a 10 year NHBF guarantee? What about the scoreboard?

• Like 1

The planning application for said hut has now been put in with nice little drawing of hut to boot.   If the planning committee take as long to study this and pass it as they do when Joe Public puts an application in I doubt it will be ready for TT 2022 .   The portable/ temporary scoreboard will also need planning permission I would think so considering everyone in Government seemed convinced the TT will happen 😆 the preparation is somewhat slow and that is not taking the actual tarting up of the course with the worst weather months to come.