TT 2022 ??

Barlow

4 hours ago, 2112 said:

As reported on the NPM the 2023 Post TT Races have been scrapped, and the pre TT Classic races will go ahead but will be revised ……………… and no doubt scrapped in 2024. 

Is that what it said?I honestly couldn’t understand from that South African woman on Manx Radio what the **** had actually been agreed or not agreed. It sounded like they had canceled the whole TT from the 3 out of 10 words I understood of the news report. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, BriT said:

Is that what it said?I honestly couldn’t understand from that South African woman on Manx Radio what the **** had actually been agreed or not agreed. It sounded like they had canceled the whole TT from the 3 out of 10 words I understood of the news report. 

Maybe her script was ineligible?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

No one could fuck up the TT formula. Oh hold that thought, by trying to make more money they fuck up the last tourism the Isle Of Man had.

It's the classic Isle of Man Government Goose that laid the Golden egg policy. "Oh look an opportunity, lets take over... Oh the goose is dead."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BriT said:

Sound like a right wing Anti Immigrant Tory to me 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, alpha-acid said:

Sound like a right wing Anti Immigrant Tory to me 

You sound like a right clown to me so I guess we’re even. At the end of the day it’s not my fault that MR employs a news reader who a lot of people can’t actually understand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The NPM this morning has the leader of the LVA saying that Govt must ensure that the TT changes have benefit outside Douglas’. Personally I can’t see anything happening, then next year the howls of protest, and reports of reduced income due to the loss of Mad Sunday attractions  etc. 

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

The NPM this morning has the leader of the LVA saying that Govt must ensure that the TT changes have benefit outside Douglas’. Personally I can’t see anything happening, then next year the howls of protest, and reports of reduced income due to the loss of Mad Sunday attractions  etc. 

it’s the death throes of an event that is going to be the next in a long line of events that end having been fucked up having been used as some sort of civil servants meal ticket which they’ve over fed on. Like the hockey and football festivals, the rallies and everything else. The “maximum interference” and “minimal common sense” approach of the Manx civil service destroys everything it touches in the end.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

it’s the death throes of an event that is going to be the next in a long line of events that end having been fucked up having been used as some sort of civil servants meal ticket which they’ve over fed on. Like the hockey and football festivals, the rallies and everything else. The “maximum interference” and “minimal common sense” approach of the Manx civil service destroys everything it touches in the end.

I can see either a IOMG typical cave in, probably a petition (which normally does the job), of which will result in changes to the schedule or monetary compensation. 

3 hours ago, Wavey Davey said:

Spot on , in addition to promoting events that fail they contrive to prevent events proposed/organised  by independent individuals , presumably because they hate to be embarrassed when , for example, a bunch of OAP motorcyclists successfully organise "Jurby Day" . However , credit where it's ,due Rob Callister ( he who presided over the destruction of the iconic scoreboard ) proposed that the same group should organise a 'motor cycle event' in the winter .

• Like 2